Hi, I recently bought my 86 Ranger for something to play with on the trails here in my wonderful state of Alaska. I have other toys fit for street use such as my 1990 Nissan 240sx and 1981 C10 2wd. Another toy of mine is an M151 Jeep a friend gave me that I am in the process of restoring. I am a soldier in the AK National Guard and happily married to Jamie for 16 years and counting.
Although I am fairly new to building something for off road use, I am very familiar with mechanics and always enjoy a good day in the garage with my tools and a vehicle to modify.
I bought my Ranger from a guy in another town for $475. He said it would crank but not run, well $50 for a EEC module and five minutes of time and she fired to life again. I found while going through the truck that it needed u-joints on the front drive shaft, still had original tie rod ends and had a lot of routine maintenance that had never been done it seems. I have replaced all the steering arms, all the u-joints, changed all the fluids, replaced the plugs, cap, wires and rotor. I also found that the cat was just gone, no straight pipe or anything in it's place, just nothing. I am getting that remedied and have gotten her registered for the street, first time since 06 it has been. It is a very dirty truck from sitting around with not a lot of rust, mainly above the front left tire and at the bottom front of the right fender with a couple other small places.
Plans for the truck are a 6 inch lift, Bushwhacker cut out flares (trimming will take care of the left fender rust), 15x8 wheels with 31's mounted on them. There will likely be more as time moves forward, but here are a couple of before pictures.