Hey RF the name is Brian and I am now a Ranger owner. I searched Ranger forums through Google and this one came up and it looked like a sweet place to do some research and meet some good people. I am a GM guy at heart however this past spring I struck a deal on a 1997 Ranger because I always liked them. Heck I worked at a North Central Ford dealership for 3 years back in the mid 90s when this truck was new! I found out that it was purchased from Norther Ohio Ford dealership as well.
I bought it in non running condition because it was sitting for so long, 7 years to be exact. It used to be a promotional truck so excuse the horrendous colors under the hood and inside. I have plans for it but the very first thing is to get some correct seats in it along with new carpet and seat belts cuz there are none. I attached some pics and some video links so take a look and let me know what you think. Excuse the mud on the tires. I have a gravel drive. The truck has since been washed.
Things I need and will start scouring the forum for.
- Need to find out if new Ranger seats will bolt in to a 97 cab using the factory holes
- Need seats, split buckets with arm rest would be ideal but not sure it they will fit and if the shifter will be in the way.
- Need new Ford production or very nice used gray carpet, this truck has felt as the carpet.
- Getting rid of the CORBEAU seats that are in it.
- Need a new Ford production gauge dash bezel and radio bezel.
- Need new Ford production or nice used gray seat belt set.
Let me know what you all have.
YouTube - 1997 Ford Ranger 5.0 5 Speed Part 1
YouTube - 1997 Ford Ranger 5.0 5 Speed Part 2