I actually wanted a Toyota....
given time, I've learned to appreciate my Ranger. There's 5 crucial characteristics that makes my WHITE Ranger stand out:
1) Extended cab; without this option, you're just driving a company truck.
2) Tow package; gives it that "muscle car" flair, plus I hate saggy rear ends -on-women too.
3) Alloy wheels; let's face it -stock sucks!
4) Mud flaps; practical, and although it's a minor detail....it looks sexy!
5) White letters on the tires; this is a newfound appreciation for me. I've never cared before. I've just spent $120.00 more on two rear tires than I could have, simply for....white....letters. It just gives it that "POP". Vain?....Yep.
Of course these are just cosmetics. Luckily it featured these characteristics as a bonus to more important factors; low miles (for a '96), clean/strong motor (V-6), sound tranny/suspension, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera. Yeah, she's been good to me.