roush hood scoop - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


New Ideas Have a new idea for your Ford Ranger? General discussion of new ideas for the Ford Ranger.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 12-29-2005
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Lyons, GA
Posts: 12
roush hood scoop

do you guys think that a roush hood would fit on a 05 ranger? i was thinking about trying that one day.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-29-2005
Scallion02EDGE's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Escondido
Posts: 342
Not sure. What roush hood?....got any links?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-29-2005
Roach2004's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 8,320
I dont know about the Roush one but I know a 2000-2004 Mustang GT one will work fine.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-29-2005
graniteguy's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,221
I bought one for my '04. I can set it on there and take a pic over the weekend. It looks good imo. It looks like the mustang in shape but it is wider and lower.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-30-2005
YellowEdge's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: White House, TN
Posts: 442
Yeah post some pics of it...i wouldnt mind seeing it
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-30-2005
Morph's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 979
The Mustang Hood will fit? Bad ***. Is it only the 05 Design, or will it fit the 01-03s?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-30-2005
zabeard's Avatar
who?
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: IN
Posts: 26,045
which one are you all talking about?

mustang hood or mustang hood scoop
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-30-2005
logan03CO's Avatar
Member

iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,235
Ummm...I think there is some "confusion" between the Roush Hood or the Roush Hood SCOOP.....the scoop should fit (as stated above). But, not the entire hood itself......

http://www.roushparts.com/
Mustang, 05-06, Hood Scoop Kit
Item: 401345
Price: $153.41
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-30-2005
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Fayetteville, NC
Posts: 1,966
Yes, the hood scoop should fit fine with no problem, its about the same design as the gt one that alot of people use. The hood itself, now thats a different story.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-30-2005
black-n-blue's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Garner, NC
Posts: 810
it looks like just a stick on...
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-30-2005
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
Ok here is my truck this is a 1999-2004 mustang hood scoop. they fit the contour of the hood fine EVEN the newer powerdome ranger hoods. you DRILL AND BOLT the scoop onto the hood. DO NOT just use 3M tape BECAUSE there isnt enought material on the underside to stick it too. and YES it will fly off on the freeway if its just taped had a buddy that had one on his 91 ranger and it fly's off about 3 times now lol...

ok you take your time and put 4" masking tape all over the hood so you can write all over it and measure on the hood. find all your holes. check and drill. use touch up paint to touch up the holes. now put the Grille back on the scoop you put it back on the hood, lay the scoop in the holes the best you can. put masking tap on the grille itself then using a protractor scrabe the hood profile onto the grille. use a cutting device and start triming, this will take MANY times to get perfect. then using a sharp utility blade clean up all the edges on the plastic grille. and bolt on. there is a few other minor steps i left out if people want to do this contact me about it. here is the before and after. didnt take pics for the during i was to busy and forgot

scoop itself



underside




sitting on my hood



mounted at night



mounted during day






Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-05-2006
graniteguy's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,221
here's the roush. Looks better than the pic. It's wider and maybe lower than the mustang scoop zach posted.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-05-2006
graniteguy's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,221
^^it's just sitting on there. It's about an inch too high on the front because of the mounting bolts.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-05-2006
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location:
Posts: 3,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by graniteguy
^^it's just sitting on there. It's about an inch too high on the front because of the mounting bolts.
roush make that for the ranger ?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-06-2006
graniteguy's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,221
They used to. Roush/SLP/Thunderbolt are the names involved. They had a whole body kit package and dual exhaust. A rear roll pan with cutouts for the exhaust. It's all now supercheap from Hillbanks. The scoop was brand new and shipped for $42.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-08-2006
coolpeoplswillis's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Toledo, OH
Posts: 350
i dig the whole scoop thing....but the mustang one isnt functional....if it actually cooled the engine compartment yeah id scoop one up...pardon the pun. Looks good though.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-08-2006
KARPE's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Valrico, Fl 33594
Posts: 4,748
No Your Screwwedx
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-08-2006
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
personally the roush one isnt funational eather but i have seen the roush one on a truck with my truck parked nexted to it. the mustang one looks 10x's better the roush one looks really cheap but thats just me.

also you can take out the grille in the mustang scoop and make it functional i have a friend that did it on his 1991 ranger with a carbed 5.0L in it
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-15-2006
graniteguy's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,221
I had some pm's looking for more pics. Still not installed so it's sitting high on the front:

Last edited by graniteguy; 08-26-2008 at 11:07 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-15-2006
Strider0O0's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 3,588
^^^^i was wondering how a hood scoop was gonna look on a powerdome hood. wasn't sure if that center valley thing was gonna look right with it on there. so far though, doesn't look half bad. with that scoop fully mounted, it'll probably look even better. (so get it mounted so we can see!)
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 01-15-2006
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider0O0
^^^^i was wondering how a hood scoop was gonna look on a powerdome hood. wasn't sure if that center valley thing was gonna look right with it on there. so far though, doesn't look half bad. with that scoop fully mounted, it'll probably look even better. (so get it mounted so we can see!)
honistly its looks horrible eing blunt. its WAY to long like WAY to long. ALSO the valley i dont see anyway possibly to use the grill on it to dip into the valley. if there is way please explain. the MUSTANG hood scoop has a HUGE grill you can FORM to your hood. it forms to a power dome hood perfectly!! all you have to do is take the hour or so and shape it its acully a quite EASY process i can explain more if people dont understand how to do it. really.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-15-2006
Strider0O0's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 3,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneckstone
honistly its looks horrible eing blunt. its WAY to long like WAY to long. ALSO the valley i dont see anyway possibly to use the grill on it to dip into the valley. if there is way please explain. the MUSTANG hood scoop has a HUGE grill you can FORM to your hood. it forms to a power dome hood perfectly!! all you have to do is take the hour or so and shape it its acully a quite EASY process i can explain more if people dont understand how to do it. really.
as far as which hood scoop i'd personally go with, it's up in the air (just haven't loooked that closely at the two just yet). i was still stuck with how a hood scoop in general would look with the valley in the center. i get what ya mean about being able to use the grill insert that comes wth the mustang scoop, which sounds good.. but that would be something to look at and think about, after i see if the hood scoop looks any good at all on a power dome.

EDIT: plus, he's in the middle of fabbing some fog light inserts to match his billit grill, so i'm sure he'd probably have fun making a new grill insert to match the rest!
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-15-2006
graniteguy's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider0O0
EDIT: plus, he's in the middle of fabbing some fog light inserts to match his billit grill, so i'm sure he'd probably have fun making a new grill insert to match the rest!

Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01-15-2006
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by graniteguy
explain wayne last time i looked at that scoop it look like it was one peice on the grill...
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01-15-2006
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider0O0
as far as which hood scoop i'd personally go with, it's up in the air (just haven't loooked that closely at the two just yet). i was still stuck with how a hood scoop in general would look with the valley in the center. i get what ya mean about being able to use the grill insert that comes wth the mustang scoop, which sounds good.. but that would be something to look at and think about, after i see if the hood scoop looks any good at all on a power dome.

EDIT: plus, he's in the middle of fabbing some fog light inserts to match his billit grill, so i'm sure he'd probably have fun making a new grill insert to match the rest!
aks robin to see pics of his. it looks great.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
to scoop or not to scoop smash_lizard Exterior Semi-Tech 15 11-19-2011 10:21 AM
Hood Scoop jtslmn720 New Ideas 21 11-14-2011 04:52 AM
mustang gt hood scoop on a ranger edge Mike9825 General Ford Ranger Discussion 15 09-17-2006 11:19 AM
Hood Scoop, opinions wanted meatloaf Exterior Semi-Tech 3 06-08-2005 06:10 PM
found a hood with scoop, anyone seen it yet???? SuperGildo@RRP General Ford Ranger Discussion 8 09-24-2004 09:22 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:21 AM.