Ok, seeing that I have a leak, and will need to remove the shell to get to the 3rd brake light, and the window, I come to this question, again.
Do I remove, and sell, my shell?
I use it for the following:
2.Hauling Gear that is already in containers, that could easily be waterproofed.
3.Groceries when tasked to get them by the 'rents.
She's a color matched topper, and came with the truck when I got it in '06.
Here are the positive things that can come of it.
1. Reduced weight = slight increase in MPG.
2. My brother, and I are now riding my motorcycle, a Honda Rebel 250, which if it breaks down or is wrecked, would need to be hauled.
3. I have the chance of extra cash, possibly to put towards a decent tent, that can be used with out the truck, once she's gone.
A few negatives.
1. I'm told the shell increases the resale value of the truck.
2. If I were to store the shell, when not using it, I have no place to keep it, nor the tools or money to create a lift system for it.
I keep coming back to this problem, I've had it off once before, and liked it, aside from the decreased weight in the rear which required me to drive differently.