okay so after over 2 months and no update I figure its time to revive this build thread...so I quit my job in favor of another one that's gonna pay upwards of 100 bucks a week vs. 40 bucks a week max.
first off the center console IS carpeted now, but it doesn't look so great because of all the cuts I made....I'm going to re do it soon, it does have 2 5x7's in there but one blew out so I'm gonna replace them with 6x9's instead, and possibly add 2 more cup holders(the 2 are always filled and the girlfriend thinks she owns the one on her side and throws my empty's on the floor) I very much like the center console, because I made it myself and its a great armrest that was thought out, plus an expo console wouldn't hold my speakers.
I took everything off down to heads to end the oil leak once and for all and while I was in there I painted it up:
after that I was at the junkyard getting another rear bumper so I didn't have to sand down the one I have, and on the way home my rear brakes went out, it was all the new jersey road salt and lack of attention from dad. so I completely re lined it from the booster block, to the wheel cylinders, and both wheel cylinder bleeder valves were rusted shut so new wheel cylinders, and while the drum was off I got new shoes and hardware. and I figured while the truck was on jack stands i redid the shocks as well, and the yellow shocks look pretty cool with the red diff cover.
I sold the rx-7 for 150, because I don't have time or money to fix it up right now, and I've always wanted a mustang so that's what I'm gonna get. with the cash i got from the car i bought another set of fogs for below the bumper(these I don't have to worry about switching off when people come the other way):
2 weeks ago the alternator went out, and that has been replaced and the truck seems to have more get up and go and spins tires a lot easier with the new one.
last week i found a great deal on craigslist for 1.5 inch wheel spacers for 40 bucks:
it looks a whole lot better with the wheels out further than the front for once, and it handles a lot better in the turns and slides less.
next thing in the works is another set of heads. I picked them up from the bone yard with warrentee for 95 bucks and had them check for cracks then resurfaced and cleaned for 75 bucks so newer heads for 170, and I'm taking my time building them when i have time and money to, I'm going to get all new springs and keepers. and I'm going to port and polish while I'm at it.