Update! Well after having the truck for 5 days I had pulled the upper intake and found an injector unplugged and another not making connection due to the rubber gasket(inside the plug) out of place. I put it back together and took it for a ride. It ran pretty good but didn't idle smooth. So Yesterday I swapped out the crossover and cats the previous owner had gutted for good cats and drove it to work today. Well It ran ok at speed and excelerating but missed at idle and when OD kicks in. So when I got home I decided it was time for a head swap since I had a spare set with low miles...anyway here we go...
Here's a pic before. I started to tear it apart and realized you guys would probably want pics...lol
First thing I pulled the upper intake off.
Next I got all the wires out of the way, removed the altenator and mounting bracket, and cooling system hoses.
Next I pulled the valve covers just for kicks...lol
Notice the blue(probably felpro) gaskets showing atleast the intake had been off before.
Anormal person would pull the radiator to get the bolts out on the ps/a/c mount but I pulled the idler pully and compressor loose so I could get to the three mounting bolts up front
I then pryed it forward a little to make sure its not in the way for the head removal and reinstallation.
Thats it for tonight