So heres a little update on the truck.
Finaly decided to dump the 3.0L (about time). The latest addition is a 5.0L, c6 and Dana 300. Its no mod motor but it will do for what i need...
I decided to go a little different direction from the usual 5.0L mostly for shear strength and t-case options. The truck has been retired to trail duty for the most part so I realy have no need for an overdrive and i really liked the idea of a true twin stick but didnt have the money for and atlas / stak.
This was done somewhat on a budget using mostly used parts.
Here are some specs...
5.0L H.O. from a 90 fox body
rebuilt w/ all new gaskets / bearings / rings
Gt40p heads, freshened (decked, seats and seals, ported and polished)
Gt40 upper and lower intake
FMS b303 cam, springs and 1.7rr
Painless performance stand along harness
C-6 from a mid 80's full size
stock w/ Art Carr shifter
Might eventualy get some goodies but for now its a $100 brick **** house
stock with twin stick cable shifters (true twin sticks
The mustang accesories, c6, d300, custom frame and SAS def didnt do me any favors in the clearence department. On top of than, i tried to keep the motor as low as possible in the engine bay.
Here is some of the issues i am battling right now...
- oil pan to axle truss clearence
- oil pan to panhard clearence
- passenger side header to frame
- t-case to floor
- front driveshaft to trans linkage
ect ect... anyways, its getting there and i should have it up and running in the nex few weeks (maybe months at this rate).
On with the pics!
And my newest little helper!
thats all i got... hopefully i will have some more progress pics soon.