well long time i dont update this thread.
did a few things to the truck not much, but i had a rear camera isntalled (couldnt see the cars behind me when i parked, also i put the camera that high as i needed it to be high enought for it not getting sunk in deep mud holes.
then i decided to get the sliders 3" farther out to protect a lil more the doors for a trip i made to the mountain to protect a little more the doors, althought the bed didnt had the same luck...
then because of a past trip that i busted one of the fenders i decided to improvise a snorkel to make the trip i was going to do back in july, so its a 3" intake all the way back to the rear of the cab with a k&n fliter, dam it sounds soooooo sweet! (it was borrowed just for the trip though)
the tube going up the frame was invisible from the inside of the truck, it didnt bother me at all, so i guess im gona do the same path but using aluminized tubing hopefully and somehow making it work around the rollcage.
also i got some 38,5" boggers mid life borrowed to do the trip.
so for the trip damage recount:
1. alternator got full of mud the first day ( mile 2 of 26 miles of trails) (still had the locker working though! luckly! )
2. no alternator = no winch so i had to have a heavy foot to take the truc up those steep muddy hills
3. drivers side engine mount almost ripped the whole frame off!
4. going down a hole there was this big tree root that stopped the truck when the passenger tire hit it that made the leaf support almost snap off (around mile 10 of the trip :S
5. turbos is damaged 250$ the kit to fix it....
6. both rear stop lights busted (again but this time for good) and the rear driver fender hot a heavy hit, cant upload the vid from the moment i hit the tree..)
but no worries bout the rear bed....
7. small hit on the front bumper
i smashed straight up a tree going around 15mph the truck bounced 9 feet back after hitting the tree, wait 2 seconds, shift 2nd gear in and kept driving, a few hammer hits and perfect again the bumper
8. somehow water got mixed with the oil... so imagine how things are looking....
Just cant love diesels more.... i did HAVE to drive HARD to be able to take the truck out of the mountain without winch nore mud chains.
insdide of the truck:
once outside the trail truck started to over heat, without the alternator there was no way to disengade the 4low (one of my oryects to take of the electronic transfer........) so this was my ride home
this is how my intercooler was looking after the trip,
afet 2 hours of work...
and this is how the trucks looking right now
gona set up the aitr tank on that cross member,
and now im gona change front leaf spring mount, gona cnc cut something pout that looks nice, gonna drop the rear suports for the leafs 5 " to get rid of those lift blocs . and im gona do everything bolt on hopefully for when i want to get rear ster in it be easier to take apart the rear. also im starting the rear bed, i want to do something that can take some abuse yet be funcional, so im thinging bout putting a drawer under the bed floor, and im gona hydro assist the steering as its getting pretty hard on the mud and turning between the trees...
so hopefully i can get the truck running in 2 months tops so well se how it turns up! i expect to be updating this thread more often to keep me motivated to be working and to get some advise on a few things , but that will be down the road when i get there. now i just need to get some $$$.