Okay... made it to the shop and all went well. Got everything for the kit installed and even got the chance to get my own hands dirty (wanted to be able to know I had some part in it all). The whole install took about 8 hours with some breaks, a few beers, and a few other small tasks that had to be tended to from time to time. Everything went smoothly with absolutely no problems, except the very last step. When we had to bleed the brakes, the valve was rusted shut and couldn't be done. We had to call it a night, Saturday (about 7:45pm), and wait to get a new vlave in the morning.
I love how in school they say never weld in a t-shirt, yet everywhere you go to any shop most people don't wear hoods when doing small welding and are always wearing a t-shirt with no gloves! Money! haha
I brought the beast home Saturday and then went straight to the Fiberwerx show. All I can say is the ride quality is amazing! Completely "night and day" from my horrible t-bar crank. Areas where my truck use to hit hard on the street, no longer exist. The kit looks mean and real durable. Unfortunately, I haven't had the time or ability to fully test it out.
I spent the whole day yesterday washing the truck and cleaning the inside. It took me about 6 hours to clean up the aftermath of my previous weekend at the Tecate Sand Drags. By the time I was finished the sun was down, so unfortunately no pics yet. I will take some today and post them tonight.
Now to answer some previous questions:
1. Am I mounting my reservoirs like this? Unknown at this time. Due to getting the larger reservoirs with the thicker diameter hoses, they are hard to manipulate. I am going to try and switch the right with the left in order to change the direction of the hose valve and see how the room for movement changes.
2. Am I getting rid of the body lift? Most likey I will, but I can not at this time. My fiberglass fenders and bedsides won't be in until Tuesday, so I have to keep the BL in order to clear my tires. However, due to ride height I may keep it on untill I can put on 35's. The only time the BL will possibly pose a problem is if I am jumping it by adding weak points on the frame. As of now, with nothing done to the rear yet, I won't be jumping it. And even when I add Deavers and upgrade my rear shocks in the near future, I still will not be able to fully jump it untill I link the rear and cage the bed. This is something I eventually will do, but in the time being, this is still my daily driver that I will be able to have fun with in the desert and on the rock trails (best of both worlds!!!).
3. How much travel and when am I getting bump cans? I have 14" of travel up front. The bump cans are already installed; I believe you meant bump stops. Originally I was going to be able to hold off for awhile. I had Arron weld on the bump stop cans so I could add the bump stops later without having to do more welding after the install and keep my stock bump stops for the time being. Unfortunately, I forgot to mention this to the installer, whom already hacked off the stock bump stops before I got there on Friday. So, Fox hydrolic 2.0 x 4 bump stops have been ordered and will have to be spaced to to meet the 3" requirement. This keeps getting more expensive, lol...
As of now, just from visual inspection and no full testing of the functuality of the kit, I only have 2 complaints.
1. Ride height of the kit. After removing my 3" T-bar crank and retaining the 3" BL, I am at the same ride height as I was before (possibly even an inch lower). I will take measurements today and post them with the pics tonight. So if I remove the BL, I will be at least 3" lower than I was before, and before I didn't think I was high enough. Complaint yes, but still more happy than before!
2. The tie-rod extension. This is a cromolly tie-rod extension that is very strong and duarable. The bad part is that it is installed between our already weak inner and outers. I don't know why Dixon Bros just didn't make a full one piece chromoly tie-rod like so many other LT lits have. I still see a lot of potential for the inner and outers to snap during off-road activity (this was always a weak point before the kit was installed).