Thought I would give a little update on this thread. We've been fitting a rough idle and lack of power on this for the last 6 months now. It finally got bad enough it would barley go 55 mph on the hgihway and that was flooring it. This weekend we got her running good as new. There were so many things wrong with the truck that I am surprised it even ran at all. First off the timing chain had a 1/4" of play in it, the cam synchronizer had play and was noisy when pulled, #6 full injector was cracked, passenger head cylinder was cracked at the #1 cylinder and starting to crack at the #2 cylinder, driver side head the exhaust valve seats were gone on cylinder #5 and cylinder #6 and was cracked on cylinder #6.
So we installed brand new heads, new timing chain, new lifters, new push rods, new rocker arms, new fuel injectors, new cam synchronizer and all new seals.
Onto the pictures.
Overall picture of the driver side head. Notice the exhaust valves on cylinder 5 and cylinder 6.
Sorry shitty picture, but you can kind of see the crack between the valves on cylinder 6
Again sorry for the shitty picture, but you can really see the crack between the valves on cylinder 1.
One Pile of junk.
From this angle you can see how much higher the exhaust valves were sitting.
Passenger new head installed.
Picture of new head.
Both heads installed.
Starting to look like an engine again.