Welp I have finally decided to swap my truck to a manual transmission for sure. Hopefully I will have the swap done on December 8th......
I plan on doing little things that I can do before dropping the transmission, that way I should be able to drop the transmission and get the new one installed in about a day.
Here is my parts list:
- M50D-R1HD transmission (hopefully paying for soon!) (~$400)
- LUK clutch kit w/new slave cylinder ($199.99)
- New flywheel ($79.99)
- New slave cylinder ($47.99) (lifetime warranty from O'Reilly)
- New clutch pedal assembly ($45)
- New clutch master cylinder (64.99) (includes reservoir & hydraulic line)
- New transmission starter (109.99) (lifetime warranty from O'Reilly)(unless my contact can find his off his truck)
- manual transmission PCM off eBay ($35)
- Explorer shorty console ($65 + a gauge)
Am I missing any parts?
I will post up pictures as the story goes.......hopefully I will be able to do a full write up on the process so anyone who wants to do this can.....
Parts Gathered Thus Far:
(keep a watch, more parts will be added soon!)
- '03 Ranger FX4 Level II M50D-R1HD 5 speed transmission ($400 + a couple parts
- '04 clutch and brake pedal assembly ($44.99 shipped
- '99 Clutch Pedal Position Switch ($29.60 shipped
- Shifter floor plat and shift boot ($40 shipped
) (member on Explorer Forums)
- Clutch Kit (disc, pressure plate, throw out bearing, pilot bearing, slave cylinder, & alignment tool ($200 shipped
- Clutch Master Cylinder (master cylinder, hydraulic line, and CPP) ($115
- '07 FX4 Level II shifter arm, ball, boot, and all the parts that go into the tranny ($150 shipped
) (member on RPS who switched to a Hurst)
- '97 Ranger 4.0 4wd manual tranny PCM ($50 shipped
Parts Installed Thus Far:
(keep a watch, more parts installs will be added soon!)