Here is my background project and the reason the Ranger hasn't gotten too much love...
1/18/2011, I got the whole interior cleaned up, all the electrical crap pulled, lines marked for a Fernon chop...
I cut the top off and got it sectioned as well.
Rear cut off for sectioning
Here you can see the lines I cut at
The Main Body
The 8" section piece (extra metal if needed)
The pile of stuff so far...
Setting the top on.
It was about 6" too long. Odd because I sectioned 8" out of the main body and then 4" out of the top. So we continued to section the roof 6".
Welded the back roof onto the car.
Now the front half of the top goes on.
Rebuilt B pillars, reworked doors, and 7 hours of welding. I got home, took a shower, turned down sex (rare for me), and went to bed early, also rare for me.
But the outside is done, minor welding needed to finish, then a bunch of grinding will finish the chop top.
Only grabbed a few pics...
Well **** happens and plans change. I decided to go all out rat rod.
So far what has happened... (pardon the cell pics)
The rear of the cut popped up n retained the dome that bugs are famous for.
I marked a few more lines to cut to level the roof out and get ready for the next project area... (secret)
And the part I can reveal for the next step...
Mini hearse titled "Kradle Robber" which will have a real (small, one might say "baby size") coffin in it.