Well havent really updated this in a while but did a good bit of work to the ole Explorer this past weekend.
Last time I went wheeling the clutch fan took a crap and the motor overheated pretty good. Put 4 sheetmetal screws in the clutch fan to lock it up so it wouldnt over heat anymore. Believe it was a little late. Hasnt ran right since. Started pulling plug wires with it running and it had a dead hole. Smoked a little bit always too.
Bought a Explorer off one of my buddies for parts. It had a motor that had the head checked/surfaced, new head bolts, all new gaskets, new oil pump, and a few other things. Here never finished putting it in the explorer. Got 2 m5od, 1354m, resurfaced flywheel, dual shifter/boots, and a few other things with it.
Needless to say I swapped that motor in mine. Put my water pump and thermostat on that motor since there only about a month old. Got a new set of plugs and wires to go on it, and a pcv valve.
Pulled my motor out and pulled the head off to look at the dead hole and this is what I found.
Got the new motor swapped in along with a 2.9 m5od, and the other 1354m so I can use my current one for the mockup on the doubler. The clutch looked little rough when I took it off so I took it back to advance and they gave me a brand new clutch kit free of charge.
Went to the junkyard yesterday to get a clutch fan to replace the locked solid one and while I was walking around I spotted a brand new radiator so I grabbed it also.
Swapped that radiator in today and put a electric fan on the front incase the clutch fan ever takes a crap again I will have a back up.
So now I should be good to go for a while now. Will have some more updated later this week so stay tuned.