Well i'm not one to post many pictures of the work I do on my truck but I wanted to show off all of the work I have done this summer. I've been very busy and have gone through alot of parts. Please let me know what you guys think. I think i've built a pretty capable truck that has reliability issues.
Beginning of the summer i changed the truck to a manual, going from an AOD to a T5 clutch cable set up.
T5 getting prepped
Destroyed flywheel from AOD that was less than 6 months old
I broke the solid motor mounts at some point so I pulled the motor out, welded the crossmember because it was cracked, tore apart the motor, replaced most motor gaskets, sealed all leaks, cleaned up alot of the parts, painted the intake, oil pan and front accessories, replaced the motor mounts with rubber mounts and put it all back together.
Before Motor Pic
Motor Coming out
Motor Tear Down
Engine Compartment Before
Engine Compartment Cleaned, Painted, and Wires Bound
Repaired Crossmember with 1/4" Plate welded on
Motor about to go Back In!
While putting the new trans in I had to cut a hole in the floor so I pulled all the interior, painted over any rust, and put down sound dampening matting.
No Suprise rust gets bad on a 1990 ranger so I replaced to back panels of the truck by welding in new panels, and I bedlinered the bottom of the truck to once I fixed the rust.
I changed out the front coils on the truck from the 4" Rough Country coils to 6" Skyjacker softride coils. Much better ride plus the truck sits closer to level now, thanks justin for the help installing them!
I also have horns for the first time, just a simple dual horn set up.
I spent alot of time on the interior of the truck as well, I built myself a full console in two pieces, the front has several switches wired in as well as the brake controller, stereo remote, and the MP3 plug. I installed a cobra CB and a Firestick antenna. I modded the screen on the CB to match the rest of the interior. I also installed a vacuum/boost gauge to help watch my fuel economy since i'm OBD 1. I found some nice seat covers that tighten onto the seats and have lots of storage, and i put sub covers over the 10" subs so they don't get damaged with all the gear coming in and out of the cab. The shifter is a hurst short throw shifter with a massive boot, hurst extended shifter arm and an old school shift pattern ball.
I also did alot of work to the exterior of the truck. I boxed the front of the frame and added a 1/4" tube crossmember for support, as well as 2 D-links for recovery. Billet Aluminum grill with a Fast emblem. Tinted the windows myself, 20% in the back, 35% on the doors. Put on my MB Motoring 15" Aluminum wheels. James Duff Traction Bars. New balanced driveshaft. Extang Tonneau Cover. I rolled the bed with Duplicolor bedliner, several coates on there now.
I built a custom CAI for the truck since they don't make one for a 302 ranger. It has a conical air filter under the battery box with an Air-Raid prefilter on it.
Couple pics of the entire truck
The truck towing our 26" travel trailer. Notice the lack of squat!
A little mudding and trail riding fun upnorth.
Some of the most fun I had with the truck this summer was drag racing at Milan. Thanks to Rich for all of his info and expertise!
I ran a best of 14.95 an 90 mph. There are 2 video's below. The first is against a supercharged Chevy SS and the second is my best run. My parents are talking alot in the backround. I'm the one squeeling tires off the line, couldn't hook to save my sole but still put down 2.0 60 foot times.
This honestly isn't even everything, i've replace the battery, starter, harmonic balancer, pulled the trans atleast 10 times, I made a brand new trans crossmember for the truck, i've replaced oil lines 3 times, i'm sure several fuel pumps, 4 clutch cables, and i'm sure even more i'm forgetting.
If you made it through all these pics, props to you, let me know what you think.