Alright, I decided to revive my old thread rather than make a new one. Wanted to show off the work i've done over the past couple of months. I'm very happy with where the truck is at now.
My truck has ate more transmission than I care to remember so I decided to start building my own. Nothing to tough, just rebuilding a couple of T5's with some upgrades. Also replaced my clutch with a Spec Stage II after I burned mine up in the mud at the Mounds.
So far that trans is doing great, been in the truck 6 months now with no problems!
Over the winter I put in a F303 cam. With the 1.7 Roller Rockers i have .544 lift! So the motor woke up a little bit. Great High end power now, and a really grumbly idle. I also had to put on a set of Trick Flow Valve Springs to hold the lift because I was getting wicked valve float at 5400 RPMs. Now the motor revs up to 6500 and is making good power all the way through.
One of the biggest problems i've had with this truck from the start is the wiring, so I decided to start over. I picked up an engine harness from a 92 mustang and went to town. Rewired everything and after some small issues everything ran great! Motor is much smoother and better gas mileage. The old harness didn't even have the HEGO Sensors hooked up.
This year i've had to do alot of cancer treatment on the truck. Tons of rust spots, many through the metal, so I welded in a couple of patch panels.
My rear bumper also rusted through, so I used a piece of 1/4 inch diamond plate and made a new top for at. At the same time I raised my trailer hitch 2 inches to help compensate for the body lift.
I took my set of stock explorer aluminum rims that I use in the winter, and striped off the clear coated, smoothed out the oxidation marks, and painted them using Duplicolor. I love how they came out.
I also have another thread for the Tire Carrier that I built to use when I go camping. This way the bed is clear of a spare tire and I can still tow a small trailer.
I recently found my dreams seat at the junkyard. I had been looking for them for months! Finally found some in good enough condition. Afters lots of cleaning and shampoo-ing they look great! They are much more comfortable than my worn out seats, and the lumbar and bolster feature are nice.
I had alot of trouble with some Summit aftermarket gauges always giving me false reading and being very unreliable so I finally replaced all of my gauges with Autometer Phantoms. They look amazing and work perfectly. I had to try a couple different types of 194 Led's until I found some good ones that were bright enough and internally regulated.
I also bought a nice Garmin Nuvi GPS for the truck, and hardwired it into my fuse panel, and made a permanent mount in the dash.
This past weekend I finished a bunch of suspension work. I had been wanting to add a Bronco II sway bar in the rear for a long time and finally found one at a local pick and pull. I decided to mount it behind the axle instead of in front. I also made some extensions for the sway bar to compensate for the lift, as well as make some quick disconnects. On top of the sway bar, the front sway bar got new bushing, a fresh coat of paint, and quick disconnects. I added new Rough Country Shocks all the way around, and installed a taller shock in the front to help with the travel. I also made up some bump stops for the front so I quit destroying my fenders at the dunes. Top that all off with a nicely powdercoated diff cover thanks to Toreador4x4.
Yesterday I three step buffed the entire truck to finish things off and added a nice new emblem to the truck.