Alright, so after a long time being out of the Ranger world I'm finally back. For those that remember my old truck, it was totalled January 2010 by a girl who made a left turn infront of me through an intersection. Bent the frame bad enough to where it pulled the bolts for the rear cab mounts out of the frame. So after flip flopping vehicles my father-in-law was selling his fleet vehicles making room for new and sold me this Ranger for $2,800. So the build begins.....
First day. One of the most filthy trucks I've seen.
But hey, for 2,800 I ain't complaining. So I clean, clean, and clean some more. Then raid my old parts room for "extras". Came up with clear corners and a tool box. Oh, and took that nasty bug guard off. Oh, and it had an airbag code for passenger side seatbelt sensor. Plugged it back up and it's fine. Then a CEL P0420 for catalyst system efficiency below threshold. Looks like someone's taking a cat out and getting a dummy O2 sensor.
Crap, man I actually have to go to work now so progress stops. Wait, no it doesn't. I'm on night shift this week. Snag some black paint and go to town!
THEN, I find another parts stash in a closet in the very back behind everything imagineable........Wifey must not have wanted me to "tinker". Roll pan goes from DSG to Oxford White and bumper comes off.
Now it's the end of my night-shift week and I have to go back to days where I'm never at our house by myself and the wife is pregnant and refuses to have anything else draw my attention but her which is fine by me. She often thought I loved my other Ranger more than her so she's cautious about new "Rangers".
Next project for night-shift week. FREEEEE of charge, just like everything else so far.
Ya'll feel free to give suggestions, I'm all ears.