finally making a sas buildup thread so i atleast have one place to put all my pics
The reason behind this buildup is that i was finally fed up with IFS. All my friends have solid axles and have no issue of clearance or anything, i kept up with them fine but my front end was slowly starting to feel it...So I decided to save up and found a killer deal on this axle set and it just so happened to be off of a ranger already! So i gave my offer and went from there. What made it so easy was the fact that i got all the measurements and everything so that the bulk of the brainstorming was already done for me.
I wanted to be able to run 35s up to 37s with a lil trimming to fit em and definitely wanted lockers. I wanted to have a rig i could still somewhat DD but know i could wheel the hell out of when i wanted to. Well i got what i wanted with alot of saving up and this is what i got.
and the rig i got my setup from
parts mike hi steer
btf diff cover
warn premium hubs
slotted and drilled rotors (lol)
6 on 5.5 adapters? not sure if theyre adapters or spacers
mounts ready for hydro assist too
expo 8.8 from an 01
btf diff cover
6 on 5.5 adapters
i have a
-sky drop pitman arm with a gm 1ton taper
-rancho 44044's for the front and alcans for the rear,
-35in mtr's with like 2in of backspacing on the steelies but i just bought new ones with 4.75in backspacing
-manual tcase to swap in
-sky shock hoops
so then the ifs was off!
soon followed the first cut
then the bulk of it was done
along with alot of cleaning and this is what i had
then the axle was finally under!
then i bought these to fix that issue of how far out my wheels hang
and then this event side tracked me
right now i really have no ride to go work on it so its at a slow halt currently.
I do have the rear axle and leafs out and the new leafs in...only thing from keeping the rear axle from being put in is the fact that i have had no time to get down there and put it on haha.
Hopefully soon itll be on its own weight so i can trailer it back into town so i can
-finish boxing up my shackle perches
-plate my frame for the steering box
-weld in my front shock hoops
-make my rear shock mounts.
Then i get the fun task of putting in my manual tcase so i can measure up for shocks and a front driveshaft.
Cool part is though that ive done most of this work with only about 5 4-5hour days, which i think isnt too much personally. My goal was to have it on its own weight in a week but that got side tracked, so now my goal is to have it up and running atleast in 2wd before my senior year ends...so i can show all those stupid rich spoiled kids at school whats up
(which gives me about a month left lol)