Well, now that Railman has talked my tail into going to LBL for New Years, I have to get my tail in gear on the Ex. The two biggest issues were these...
1. Wouldn't run for poop. I couldn't go 20 feet without it trying to die on me
Figured this out to be the computer was freaked the F out because of the flop. Reset it and all is good.
2. Giant hole in the side of the rig that used to be a window....
Instead of trying to find a used side window that i would likely bust out again, i did what Dan, the pevious owner, did on the driver side.... Lexan. I picked up a HUGE sheet of 4x8 1/8" Polycarbonate Plastic from General Plastics and Rubber for just 115 bucks. I only needed a 20x40ish piece, so my step dad split the cost and took half. So i got a bendable, scratchable window for around 58 dollars. I used just M4-.70 hex bolts and fender washers to mount it. Of course i masked it and painted it to kinda look like the factory window and used some windsheild sealant to keep most of the weather out.
Now that those two things are taken care of, I am knocking out a few more little bugs the rig has.
1. covering the storage area with bedliner
2. new bulbs in the fog lights
3. new relay for the fans
4. CB from D installed in this one
5. reset the centerpoint of the steering
6. adjust the Railman ram mount
7. Put the new mirror on the passenger side
As you can see, i have a good amount of work to do in the few days i have left before New Years Eve.... Wish me luck!