Yes again, it has been a while. At this point I hope the 5.0 will be nice to me and actually start when I finally get the dash back in later this week.
OK, so some background on why it has taken so long and why I am now rushing to get this drivable again... Recently I have been working on my bus. Finally got the clutch replaced, engine back installed, and everything connected again and even took it to a local car show in September. Happened to make the front page of the local newspaper with it too.
Now, why I am trying to rush to get this finished?? well... on my 95 ranger, the transmission just went out again... (2 weeks ago) for the 3rd time!!!
It might have 1 trip left in it... and that will probably be to the Junk Yard... I have had it rebuilt twice already... and is probably not worth getting rebuilt again and inst worth it in my opinion. So for the past 2 weeks my wife and I have been sharing rides with each other and just making our schedules work.
OK, so finally onto the Explorer. I have gotten the top trimmed to match, got it all tack welded in place and actually got the front A-pillars completed and painted with color matched paint along with a windshield installed (that happened this past Friday). Also picked up a new driver's side door :)
Anyway, on to pics:
Also was finally able to take down the stand I built for the new top:
A-Pillar basically ready for paint (I think I did additional touchup before hand... but you get the idea)
First Primer, then PAINT!!! YAY!!
And somewhat fixed the dent on the top of my existing passenger door (Will revisit this later, just needed to fix the initial dent otherwise it would hit the metal and not the weather stripping):