Originally Posted by Jim Oaks
A while back I had started making decals such as the old FORD tailgate letters, and offering some other decals for Ranger enthusiasts such as the Ranger windshield banner with the Ford logos on each side of it.
Although it was intended to be used as a way to keep The Ranger Station up and running and not a method of becoming independently wealthy...it was vilolating Fords trademarks.
I have talked to Scott Monty from Ford Motor Company and have agreed to:
1) Stop selling the decals since I do not have a trademark license to sell
2) Agree that the 'Ranger' is a product of Ford.
3) Not display any ads on The Ranger Station that would promote a competitor (Example: Banner ad for the new Chevy Colorado, etc)
4) Not use the site to make disparaging comments about Ford (AKA - Anti Ford Site)
5) Not turn The Ranger Station name over to anyone else.
I believe that's about it. I'm waiting from a letter from their attorney.
In return, Ford will allow us to keep The Ranger Station name and will not require that I pay the $5000.00 that the attorneys were asking for.
Scott went on to tell me that they recognize and support their fan websites and I would suggest that any other website owner/administrator reading this will be OK if they judge themselves on the items I had listed above. If you have ad banners you may want to make sure you have Fords competition filtered out.
I would like to say thanks to those that emailed Ford and spread the word. The attention and support from other enthusiats greatly helped in getting this resolved quickly.
I would ask that anyone who has posted about this on another website link the discussions here and ask that the moderator on that site lock the topic.
I also want to thank the other site owners for their support.
"2) Agree that the 'Ranger' is a product of Ford."
Cause we all know that Chevy makes the Ranger, lol.