Realized we don't have the rules posted anywhere so here they are. Any questions, feel free to PM any of the staff.
Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' check-box and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.
Ranger-Forums is a free site that is ran by enthusiasts that are not paid to do so. Please respect that admins and moderators have a job to do and cannot please all people at all times.
Please read and take note of the following rules:
1. Images and Content - Do not post images or content that is not suitable for this site. There is no age restriction on this site, so think before you post something inappropriate. No signature images are allowed.
2. Swearing - There are many words on that are better than profanity. This will affect the way people perceive you and broaden your vocabulary. Some profanity is understandable. That is just how some people are, and for other people it just slips. Racist remarks are something different. None will be tolerated. Racist remarks are grounds for removal. The word censor is activated, so don't expect to see your profanity in all it's glory...
3. Advertising - Please do not advertise a company or service in your signature, avatar, title, or posts. Product reviews are different than advertising. If you wish to advertise your product or a product you sell, contact Rick or Zabeard and receive permission first. Then, all advertisements must be made in the Vendor forum. You may put what you sell as your custom title, if you are a site contributor. You may not advertise your product in another member's topic. Failure to follow these specific rules can result in losing vendor and/or membership privileges.
4. Bullying or Inciting Problems - Most of us here are grown up enough to get on nicely with each other, but some like to make life difficult for others. This could be in the shape of prejudice, flaming, or targeting a specific user or social group. We will not tolerate this. If many members are offended by your behavior, posting, etc, the administration of Ranger-Forums will take whatever action they deem necessary to resolve the issue.
If you can't be polite, refrain from replying. You don't have to lie to people and tell them nice things to feel better. You can tell the truth. You don't have to like everything and you can tell people when you don't like something, but do it politely. This just comes down to manners and reflects on your character.
Threats will not be tolerated. If you threaten another member in anyway, public or private, expect repercussions. Public bashing of other members is not acceptable. Expect FEW warnings on either. (admins determine when this rule is broken, not members)
5. Signatures - Signatures have a limit on them. Please do not use excessive smilies, bullets, or font sizes. Please limit your signature to less than 15 lines. Signatures can be requested made smaller by the administration if they are seen as obnoxious or too long.
6. Avatars - There are limits on sizes of avatars, which can be uploaded through your UserCP. Avatars are how people will remember you by on the forum. Avatars may not contain anything deemed offensive by the staff of Ranger-Forums. That includes nudity, profanity, racism, etc. Avatars can be taken away from a member if abused.
7. Post Whoring - Please do not post for the sake of posting. People will enjoy a good joke, but a post with no meaning or interesting content is a waste of resources and other people's time. If you want to just blab about nothing, do it somewhere else.
8. Moderation - If a post you have made has been moderated, please live with it. Moderators do not edit posts for the fun of it and do not have time to justify themselves every time. Moderators, and only moderators, can decide when a topic is to be locked/unlocked. Abuse towards admins or moderators will not be tolerated. This is not a rule to test your limits on.
9. Posting any of the following -
*Any potentially libelous material.
*Pornography, links to pornography or links to other inappropriate sites
*Inciting a flame war within this or any other forum
*Any sort of pyramid selling or referral schemes(free iPod offers are allowed)
*The advertising, linking, and sale of illegal bootleg material (such as copied DVD's, music,and computer software) or programs to acquire illegal material. You may have member's contact you via a messenger service, but do not use this forum's private message feature
*Persistent xenophobia, racism or personal abuse
*Sacrilegious profanity, images, usernames, etc. There are many different faiths represented here on Ranger-Forums and we do not want to see anyone's religious beliefs stepped on or made petty by another member. Expression of opinion is understood in the correct "Religious and Political" forum, but anywhere else, it is not allowed.
*Commercial advertising (except by sellers with permission from Rick), Spam or any other form of unauthorized advertising. Please do not upload, attach or post anything that is copyright or licensed without prior consent of the owner.
*Anything invasive of a person's privacy, including the posting of personal information or photographs (this does not apply to meet photos)
10. Use the search feature -
Before you post a question, try and search for it. It could have been discussed previously.
These rules are subject to change without warning.
If you break any of the above rules, any of the following actions could be taken:
*Loss of privileges, ie: chat, arcade, avatar, signature, etc, for a certain amount of time.
*Suspension from the site for a set amount of time
*Permanent expulsion from the site. No membership granted.
*IP Banned. No access to any content on the site.
General Forum Rules
Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed above. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' check-box and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.
Although the administrators and moderators of Ford Ranger Forum - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and the owners of Ford Ranger Forum - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource will not be held responsible for the content of any message.
By agreeing to these rules(and the rules above), you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violation of any laws.
The owners of Ford Ranger Forum - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.
If you don't want to follow these rules... Bye.
** subject to change, at anytime, for any reason. it is your responsibility to adhere to any implied or stated rules.