So I thought I'd try my hand at getting a 4x4/Edge bumper just in case I wasn't crazy about the Roush front bumper on the xlt with it being lifted. So I found a decent deal for a chrome bumper on ebay. He wanted $99.00 with free shipping...which I think he's an idiot for that cuz it's probably gonna cost a good penny to ship that thing. So this all went down yesterday...
1. Found the item, looked at the pics in the listing
2. Asked for bigger pics...said the ebay ones were all he had.
3. Went back and "enlarged" them and I could actually see a bit better, okay sized pics.
4. Told him I'd give him 75 shipped. He countered with 79. Deal, right?
5. I asked how he wanted me to buy it, buy it now? He replied, no, I'll send you an invoice. Said he didn't want me to do "buy it now" and asked for my paypal name. weird.
6. I gave him my paypal name. He didn't send me an invoice
7. I then emailed him several times throuthout the day yesterday with no response until today to one of my first questions and even that was about the whole invoice deal...
8. Still didn't sent me an invoice, so I'm thinking... he's backing out on the deal, who knows.
9. I email him thru ebay and then found another email for him, sent one there. He responds almost immediately saying he can't change the price, ebay won't let him. So I tell him, "of course not, I haven't bought it yet. I have to buy it, then wait, then you change my invoice, send it, I pay, you ship. done deal."
10. Still no response, so I email him, okay...do you want me to try buy it now?
11. responds an hour later, "sure if you want to try, that's fine."
12. So I do buy it now, email him, ask him if it says anything and if he can change it, etc.
13. I'm waiting and then I get a call from my neighbor and I'm going over there and I don't want to make primedparts wait for my payment, cuz...I always pay ASAP with my ebay stuff. So I sent him an email and told him I was paying now, don't want to make you wait, be back later, just do a partial refund to make it 79.00.
14. I just got back around 6 and he answered all my recent emails, QUOTE: "if you buy it on ebay it will be the full price i will not be refunding you any fifferent since you wanna buy it now it will be the full price thanks" and "no sorry i will not be doing you any partial refund sorry"
15. So now I'm getting kind of pissed. I email him back, "79.00 is the deal. you agreed. That or upgrade the shipping time and I want insurance at your cost."
16. He's replied to me, quote, "yes but out of ebay thanks"
I don't understand this guy, I've NEVER had this problem with someone. I don't recommend this guy to anyone and he hasn't even shipped my friggin bumper yet. He's got some decent deals for good used parts...but If I had known this would happen I'd be waiting for the next guy in line with a bumper.
So I just checked his feedback, he currently has 1 negative and 3 neutrals. I thought there'd be many more. I think only one of the neutrals is really legit. the negative was BS and even got fixed. But Primedparts never left ANY feedback for any of those 4 transactions. How rediculous is that... I almost emailed him just now and told him to give me a full refund, but I think I might see how this plays out...
I'm super pissed with this guy though. Absolutely rediculous.