Got the factory buckets down out of the attic from my previous '03 Ranger that I had swapped leather Explorer seats into. They had been sealed in plastic since '04. Went to the salvage yard and pieced together a complete center console (shorty) out of about 3 Explorer wrecks. I still need to get an armrest assembly as I cant find any that aren't trashed in the yards. I've found brand new OEM Ranger ones that are already black on Ebay for about $95 or so. I'll order one soon. I have about $30 total in the project so far...not too bad! I do have a very nice complete 60/40 seat in black/tan from this Ranger for sale if anyone around the Cincinnati area could use it. It only has 64k miles of butt sitting on it and is in excellent shape. No tears, stains, or burns or anything.
During and after:
I found this stripped out supercab Ranger at the yard and took a pic of the floor...as you can see the slots are already there to mount the front retaining clips and there are 4 circles behind that that are where you drill the holes to mount the aluminum bracket to the floor. Makes for an easy install into a Ranger that doesn't have the console already!