Under the hood I started detailing the engine compartment.
I removed any of the add on mod wires from various poorly done mods, I repaired a lot of the harness with solder and heat shrink tubing.
I replaced the Battery and cable ends using a 900 AMP Optima red top battery and GM color coded terminals.
I removed the torn up hood insulation which I plan on replacing with new insulation once I repair the few tiny spots of rust found at many of the spot welds.
I installed a new to me OEM Air inlet tubing with accumulator,
I repaired the damaged metal backed insulation on the evaporator housing.
I still have to replace all the AC lines , compressor, dryer, orifice tube.
I replaced the fan clutch yet plan to replace every single hose under the hood, all the vacuum lines all the cooling system hoses, and power steering hoses.
I replaced the wires with cheap one for now since I found a leaking valve cover which I will address when I replace the intake manifold.
At that time I may go ahead and install a high flow head new injectors and new cam shafts plus timing chain kit.
This is provided the bottom end passes a cylinder leak down test.
If it fails I will end up pulling the engine with some help and rebuild the entire engine
using a keyed forged crank upgraded rods and pistons as well.
Keep in mind all of this work will happen over many years as I cannot afford all of this work at one time and I am very limited with the amount of work I can do myself because of pain.