Just upgraded my stock 06+ or so tail lights to have two brake/turn signals in them. It wasn't all that difficult or expensive either if you take out the fact that I already added OSRAM L1224R's LEDs that i got from Jp7 in the top(main) brake light housing part.
I bought two 906 pigtails from autoillumation.com for around $3 each. Then for the second bulbs I purchased a 906 plugin set from V-LEDS. Its the one with 36 SMT LED
chips on it.
I did have to use my rotary tool to drill out the hole for the new pigtails however. Then I also had to clean out any plastic residue left in the light by spraying water from the hose through it. Afterwords trying to get the insides of the tail lights as dry as possible using paper towels through the socket holes. After that I used superglue which seemed to hold well(was thinking epoxy if it didnt work) to glue the pigtail sockets with the new 906 led bulbs into the bottom part of the tail light housing were the reflector is.
Lastly I then used some t-taps which I picked up from kragen auto parts to tap into the ground wire and brake/turn signal wire in the tail light wiring harness.
Here is the final result although it seems brighter then reality for some reason with my camera.
Again the new bottom 906 leds only come on when my brakes or turn signal lights come on thus no running light. But it gives the breaks a lot more pop :D
next up is my third brake light/cargo light of which I'm thinking I can get 30 oznium red 12,000mcds super fluxes in the break and 18 white 40,000mcd in the cargo lights(whites if they ever get them in stock..still on back order).