I purchased a 99 Explorer for $350 with a trashed tranny. Raided seats and console this weekend. Plan on OHC and rear axle next weekend. Also has factory wheels with new rubber so they just became my backup set.
The seats were almost a direct bolt. The passenger seat had 2 holes and the drivers 1 that were too small for the ranger seat bolts to fit through. I drilled them out with a 1/2" bit and worked great. I had to run a new wire for the power in the driver seat but that was easy also. I used the ranger seatbelts and secured them to the explorer seats with a nut and bolt. The spot I choose was on the explorer tracks, I drilled those out with the same 1/2" bit (also very easy) and then bolted them on with grade 8 bolts. Swap was very easy and straight foward. I used my new snap-on impact so the swap was painless and done quickly. Took me longer to clean than anything else. I also found like $12 in change between the two trucks. Only issue is I worked so long on a nice a$$ groove in the old seats and now I got to start over :(