99 2.5l almost dies after rev up
Alright guys so I am posting this for my dad who is going through hell right now with his Ranger that has always been great to him. Truck is a 99 2.5 5speed with 230k on the clock. Has never had any problems until recently where the motor upon driving if comming to a fast stop it wants to die. Truck feels like it is running on 1 cylinder when it does it. Originaly he was getting a p0301 and p0302 code but he replaced the wires, plugs, and cylinder 1 and 2 injectors and doesnt get the code anymore. The truck does it the worst when it is starting to warm up, not when it is super cold or not to bad when it is has been running for very long. The truck will run fine on the freeway like there are no issues at all, and I can also raise the idle and it wont start to die when you release the gas. It will do it at rest in the driveway as well. Here has what has been done.
- Cleaned MAF sensor
- Unplugged every sensor under hood to run on base settings never changed anything
- Replaced Engine Coolant Temp sensor
- Removed CAT and ran straight header to see if exhaust was clogged
- Replaced Plugs/wires
-Replaced cylinder 1 and 2 Injectors
- Friend has a computer to scan vehicles like a laptop while you drive and the only thing it was picking up on was the cylinder 1 missfire prior to injector swap, and a front lazy 02 sensor. ran car without 02's same problem.
- Cleaned TB, and measured TPS.
- Truck has a new Timing Belt put on, this was put on after the issue. Same problem.
- Compreession check completed all cylinders over 180 except cylinder 1 is 160
- Took Intake off to inspect valves for carbon build up almost none. Very clean.
- Switched exhaust and intake coil pack to see if there would be any changes.
We are scratching are heads at this one, any help would be great!!
Thanks in advance, and sorry for teh long post.