The trailer is only roughly 800lbs with the payload - motorcycle. The ABS issue has me stumped since I've tried both methods of getting the code and didn't get results with either. I've tried grounding both pins of fuse #9 with the key on for a couple seconds, grounding the black/orange wire on the connector behind the passenger kick panel, and using the OBD scanner (no codes). Without the codes, I don't know what to mess with. I fixed the CEL though, just duct taped the hose from the fuel inlet to the tank and reset the code and it looks like it might stick.
Most likely I'll just end up selling it, no sense putting much work into getting a 4cyl to tow anything plus I think I made a bad buy - there's dirt in places I don't think there should be, which I should have caught before I bought it, but oh well... Methinks it may have taken a drink... In which case it's probably worth next to nothing.