UPDATE: Well yet another day of great work found a few problems but fixed many more :) good news is the truck has been test driven and seems to feel great. We are about 80% complete on the project we must goto ford dealer for replacement bed clips and bolts, add rust remover/rubber coating to rest of frame, install new shocks, replace bed. :D very excited at how it will act/look when done uploading pics.
This is the other sides hanger shackle and springs before removal.
This is the rusted thru spot we noticed that had us a little concerned.
After shaving the rivits even with heating they acted fused to the frame and would not hammer out. So we cut the X pattern into the ends and heated in its center heating the bolt better then it tapped out very easy.
all rivits clear and the metal around the holes seems very solid.
close up of rusted hole.
new hanger shackle and leafspring installed.
new shackle and hanger
rust stopper+primer and finish rubber uncoating spray. 2nd side
heres the 1st side.
more work done soon stay tuned XD.