coilover brackets - Page 27 - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource
Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiast!

Go Back   Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource Arrow Ranger-Forums Technical Forum Arrow Suspension Tech

Suspension Tech General discussion of suspension for the Ford Ranger.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #651  
Old 10-11-2012
99offroadrngr's Avatar
TOYOTA
iTrader: (37)
 
I am: JD M
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Vehicle: 2004 Ford Ranger
Drive Type: 4x4
Engine: 4.0
Posts: 11,719
Total Props: 39
I may have missed it but Idk if i've seen anyone post pictures of their brackets installed.

worse comes to worse i'll have to find the dimensions, put them in CAD, get them cut, welded and coated but I don't have much spare time to kill in order to do that. Hopefully this actually gets rolling soon
Reply With Quote
+ 0 -
  #652  
Old 10-12-2012
07fx4II's Avatar
Member
 
I am: Kevin G
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Diamond bar ca
Vehicle: 2007 Fx4 level II
Posts: 30
Total Props: 0
If someone gets me a copy of a CAD of it I could have any number of shops do them for me as well. I service CNC machines and could very well have any one of those shops punch em out for me. Then I could weld em and I have a powder coating shop that's 5miles from the shop so yes it's possible if someone releases the dimensions or CAD.
Reply With Quote
+ 0 -
  #653  
Old 10-12-2012
logan03CO's Avatar
Member

iTrader: (3)
 
I am: E L
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Colorado
Vehicle: 2003 Ford Ranger Edge 4.0
Posts: 1,235
Total Props: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99offroadrngr View Post
worse comes to worse i'll have to find the dimensions, put them in CAD, get them cut, welded and coated but I don't have much spare time to kill in order to do that. Hopefully this actually gets rolling soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07fx4II View Post
If someone gets me a copy of a CAD of it I could have any number of shops do them for me as well. I service CNC machines and could very well have any one of those shops punch em out for me. Then I could weld em and I have a powder coating shop that's 5miles from the shop so yes it's possible if someone releases the dimensions or CAD.
This is the same path we started going down almost two years ago (it took that long to get to this point). I know, because I helped getting measurements for multiple people that have tried to make these over the years.

To my knowledge nobody has 'released' a complete CAD or even PDF file on these because there is a fair amount of work involved in getting the angles and everything to work (Time = Money). Sure, if there was a complete drawing out there (or even better a CAD file) - it would be simple to knock these out...but that's just not the case.

Everyone has a shop nearby, or 'knows a guy that knows a guy' - but nobody has had the commitment to gather all the required data - which is, and always has been, the key component.

Just one of the two year old threads are here: Coil-over sadness/madness

Because of all the work he already put into this, I like to think he didn't disappeared after only selling a few of these - It wouldn't be worth his time. He already made a huge investment of his time to get the measurements ironed out. If I remember correctly he fabricates other parts for other vehicles as well – so he may be wrapped up in some of that stuff as well (who knows). All of his hard work is completed at this point - actually getting them fabricated is the easy part.

He is the only person I have seen that has actually fully completed & sold multiple sets to members.

Many have tried...few have succeeded. LOL

Hell, at this rate - I may have to sell my spare set of brackets (Original, never installed RCD's ) - the market demand has never been greater!


2003 Black Extended Cab - 4x4 Ranger, Supercharged 4.0 Liter SOHC, 4.88 Yukon Gears, Torsen Front LSD, Powertrax No-Slip Rear Locker, Goodyear MT/R's w/ Kevlar (35x12.5x15's), Trailready Aluminum Beadlocks, RCD Coilover Suspension Lift, PA Body Lift, SCT XCalibrator 3, Custom HID Projector Retrofit, Black Billet Grill, Magnaflow Stainless Steel Cat-back Dual rear exit exhaust, Viper car alarm, with perimeter sensor & remote start-I'm running out of room...but many other mods!

Last edited by logan03CO; 10-12-2012 at 07:24 AM.
Reply With Quote
+ 0 -
  #654  
Old 10-12-2012
07fx4II's Avatar
Member
 
I am: Kevin G
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Diamond bar ca
Vehicle: 2007 Fx4 level II
Posts: 30
Total Props: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan03CO View Post
This is the same path we started going down almost two years ago (it took that long to get to this point). I know, because I helped getting measurements for multiple people that have tried to make these over the years.

To my knowledge nobody has 'released' a complete CAD or even PDF file on these because there is a fair amount of work involved in getting the angles and everything to work (Time = Money). Sure, if there was a complete drawing out there (or even better a CAD file) - it would be simple to knock these out...but that's just not the case.

Everyone has a shop nearby, or 'knows a guy that knows a guy' - but nobody has had the commitment to gather all the required data - which is, and always has been, the key component.

Just one of the two year old threads are here: Coil-over sadness/madness

Because of all the work he already put into this, I like to think he didn't disappeared after only selling a few of these - It wouldn't be worth his time. He already made a huge investment of his time to get the measurements ironed out. If I remember correctly he fabricates other parts for other vehicles as well Ė so he may be wrapped up in some of that stuff as well (who knows). All of his hard work is completed at this point - actually getting them fabricated is the easy part.

He is the only person I have seen that has actually fully completed & sold multiple sets to members.

Many have tried...few have succeeded. LOL

Hell, at this rate - I may have to sell my spare set of brackets (Original, never installed RCD's ) - the market demand has never been greater!
I have faith that he will come thru with the brackets and have my doubts that he just up and disappeared on us.. He just doesn't seem like that type of guy.... And all the points you have made are valid information.... Also if you wanna sell those spares shoot me a message and we can make a deal. Most of the people that are waiting for these brackets I'm sure haven't even ordered shocks coils or anything else involved in this conversion. I have these damn parts staring at me every day when I pull into the garage just waiting to be put on the beast! I also would like to add that it took me over a month to even get all the parts in my hand up til now. It's not usually as simple as calling a place and them having the exact parts you need sitting On a shelf.. Usually they have to order direct from the manufacturer and that takes time. I have no problem waiting for these brackets as they have been used and abused by now I'm sure and haven't seen any bad feedback on it yet!
Reply With Quote
+ 0 -
  #655  
Old 10-12-2012
BACKCOUNTRYEDGE02's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
I am: Andrew Harris
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Laramie, WY
Vehicle: 2002 Ford Ranger
Posts: 368
Total Props: 4
Just gotta be patient tho...hes hardly on here...i ordered some from the last batch and theyre worth the wait....best upgrade ive done
Reply With Quote
+ 0 -
  #656  
Old 10-12-2012
99offroadrngr's Avatar
TOYOTA
iTrader: (37)
 
I am: JD M
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Vehicle: 2004 Ford Ranger
Drive Type: 4x4
Engine: 4.0
Posts: 11,719
Total Props: 39
logan you should put those on eBay and have the bidding war begin haha
Reply With Quote
+ -1 -
  #657  
Old 10-12-2012
logan03CO's Avatar
Member

iTrader: (3)
 
I am: E L
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Colorado
Vehicle: 2003 Ford Ranger Edge 4.0
Posts: 1,235
Total Props: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99offroadrngr View Post
logan you should put those on eBay and have the bidding war begin haha
LOL

Yeah, I think the going market rate could be as high as a left leg or perhaps even a kidney!

Reply With Quote
+ 0 -
  #658  
Old 10-12-2012
SteelDirigible's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (4)
 
I am: Crooooow !
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lexington, KY
Vehicle: 2006 4x4 XLT Ranger
Posts: 3,665
Total Props: 33
What happened before is that people were like "oh this dimension and this one doesn't matter, as long as you get these"
We need a good measurement of the flat pattern of all the pieces. I tried looking for the info i needed before but as I don't have a good set, I was limited.
Logan if you can get me some good solid measurements on those brackets, hole locations, bend location, thickness, bend radius, and locations of any pieces that are welded I can draw up some good prints as well as cad files. If I had a set to look at, it'd already be done.
You could even send them to me, and I could send you cash (via paypal) as collateral, then when I'm done, we can swap back.
Reply With Quote
+ 0 -
  #659  
Old 10-12-2012
SteelDirigible's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (4)
 
I am: Crooooow !
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lexington, KY
Vehicle: 2006 4x4 XLT Ranger
Posts: 3,665
Total Props: 33
Hey guys.
Reply With Quote
+ 0 -
  #660  
Old 10-12-2012
getrdone52's Avatar
Member
 
I am: Ryan Banahan
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Aurora Colorado
Vehicle: 1998 Ford Ranger
Posts: 41
Total Props: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelDirigible View Post
What happened before is that people were like "oh this dimension and this one doesn't matter, as long as you get these"
We need a good measurement of the flat pattern of all the pieces. I tried looking for the info i needed before but as I don't have a good set, I was limited.
Logan if you can get me some good solid measurements on those brackets, hole locations, bend location, thickness, bend radius, and locations of any pieces that are welded I can draw up some good prints as well as cad files. If I had a set to look at, it'd already be done.
You could even send them to me, and I could send you cash (via paypal) as collateral, then when I'm done, we can swap back.
That's a good idea.
Reply With Quote
+ 0 -
  #661  
Old 10-12-2012
logan03CO's Avatar
Member

iTrader: (3)
 
I am: E L
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Colorado
Vehicle: 2003 Ford Ranger Edge 4.0
Posts: 1,235
Total Props: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelDirigible View Post
Logan if you can get me some good solid measurements on those brackets, hole locations, bend location, thickness, bend radius, and locations of any pieces that are welded I can draw up some good prints as well as cad files.
Like I tried to explain - I've been down this exact route with others before - getting all sorts of information & measurements for different people (review that previous link)...then it fizzles out. Hell, I even hosted some of the drawings on my own website so people could exchange information easier.

ME00Stepside is the only person I have seen pull it off fully...and for what it's worth; I think everyone should give him more time before trying to jump ship (I understand the frustration though). He's got so much research into this I just can't believe he's gone for good.

Plus, as a result of all that hard work, I think he should be rewarded for his efforts (meaning: he gets the orders). If it was 8 months ago, and nobody had pulled it off yet, then I would probably assist you. However, at this point - it feels a little wrong now that there is a 'kit' that a member has already put together using his hard work. Now, if months go past without anyone hearing anything on the status - then perhaps it's a different story.

I don’t' really think it's been that long since he was last on here...so in my opinion, everyone should just hang in there.

From what I hear, he came through big time on the 1st batch - and all of my exchanges with him reflect that same positive attitude.


2003 Black Extended Cab - 4x4 Ranger, Supercharged 4.0 Liter SOHC, 4.88 Yukon Gears, Torsen Front LSD, Powertrax No-Slip Rear Locker, Goodyear MT/R's w/ Kevlar (35x12.5x15's), Trailready Aluminum Beadlocks, RCD Coilover Suspension Lift, PA Body Lift, SCT XCalibrator 3, Custom HID Projector Retrofit, Black Billet Grill, Magnaflow Stainless Steel Cat-back Dual rear exit exhaust, Viper car alarm, with perimeter sensor & remote start-I'm running out of room...but many other mods!

Last edited by logan03CO; 10-12-2012 at 03:23 PM.
Reply With Quote
+ 0 -
  #662  
Old 10-12-2012
SteelDirigible's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (4)
 
I am: Crooooow !
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lexington, KY
Vehicle: 2006 4x4 XLT Ranger
Posts: 3,665
Total Props: 33
Sure, I'm just saying, he must have some kind of drawing for the shop, and it would be good to get that info in case something happens with him or the shop. Plus, others may have the resources to make their own if they had some drawings that were out in the open. That's why I wanted the drawings, not so I could start selling them but so that I could just have one made for me.

I definitely don't think he's just flaking out, but anything could have happened, hopefully nothing bad, I'm just one of those guys that likes to hoard info in case of the apocalypse.
Reply With Quote
+ 0 -
  #663  
Old 10-12-2012
01RangerEdge's Avatar
Scrambles the DeathDealer

iTrader: (11)
 
I am: Justin Quade
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jackson, MO
Vehicle: 2001 Ranger
Drive Type: 4x4
Engine: 4.0
Posts: 7,575
Total Props: 33
I'm about to get coilover brackets from another member (along with the rest of the lift) I can probably get measurements if someone really wants them and make a completely new thread.
Reply With Quote
+ 0 -
  #664  
Old 10-12-2012
07fx4II's Avatar
Member
 
I am: Kevin G
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Diamond bar ca
Vehicle: 2007 Fx4 level II
Posts: 30
Total Props: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan03CO View Post
Like I tried to explain - I've been down this exact route with others before - getting all sorts of information & measurements for different people (review that previous link)...then it fizzles out. Hell, I even hosted some of the drawings on my own website so people could exchange information easier.

ME00Stepside is the only person I have seen pull it off fully...and for what it's worth; I think everyone should give him more time before trying to jump ship (I understand the frustration though). He's got so much research into this I just can't believe he's gone for good.

Plus, as a result of all that hard work, I think he should be rewarded for his efforts (meaning: he gets the orders). If it was 8 months ago, and nobody had pulled it off yet, then I would probably assist you. However, at this point - it feels a little wrong now that there is a 'kit' that a member has already put together using his hard work. Now, if months go past without anyone hearing anything on the status - then perhaps it's a different story.

I donít' really think it's been that long since he was last on here...so in my opinion, everyone should just hang in there.

From what I hear, he came through big time on the 1st batch - and all of my exchanges with him reflect that same positive attitude.
X2 all of this. I'm being patient for myself and trusting in this guy to take care of it. I need 3 total sets reguardless and if I get one set and put it on my truck my buddies will be bugging me forever to get their set as well! Like stated before I doubt anyone on here wanting the brackets has actually purchased any other parts for it.
Reply With Quote
+ 0 -
  #665  
Old 10-23-2012
07fx4II's Avatar
Member
 
I am: Kevin G
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Diamond bar ca
Vehicle: 2007 Fx4 level II
Posts: 30
Total Props: 0
Well bad news gentlemen... I have spoke with the OP about the brackets and he has said that he is currently dealing with some things in his personal life and will not be able to get the parts made in a fashionable time frame so he will not be taking orders... Now comes the hard part of trying to get some stuff together. Lets see if we can pull together some stuff for making these brackets...Logan we could really use your help here. Is there any way you might be willing to let me borrow those brackets from ya??.... I'd be willing to pay you just to borrow them for a week or so... And I could PayPal ya money so u know you will get your spares back...
Reply With Quote
+ 0 -
  #666  
Old 10-24-2012
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
I am: A car modding addict
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Maine
Vehicle: 2000 Ranger Stepside 4x4
Posts: 1,206
Total Props: 6
OK guys, for some reason, I haven't been getting updates to this thread, so I had no idea the interest was this strong. I've gotten a couple of PM's recently, but that's it.

Here's the situation: without getting into my person life, I'm dealing with some major things at the moment, so I couldn't commit to the service I want to provide, hence I didn't move forward on a new batch yet (I had last said I should be able to have a run done for shipment sometime this month--obviously not happening)

Anyway, if you guys are all hot on this, but don't need them right away, I can very likely get a run done for shipment by the end of December. We're near the end of October right now, so you're talking a couple of months until shipping if you can wait.

I will have most of my stuff straightened out by Thanksgiving, and I expect that shortly afterward I can probably have the brackets in my hands, to get to the powdercoater, get all the hardware together, and start getting ready to be able to ship around the holiday break (my work closes for that week, so it's a perfect time to be shipping a large number of things)

Anyway, let me know. I appreciate the patience, and the faith, from all of you guys. I have only put this off because I do not want to provide anything short of excellent service.


Interested in a coilover conversion? click here.
Reply With Quote
+ 0 -
  #667  
Old 10-24-2012
morris's Avatar
YOUS TEH SIRCH NEWB

iTrader: (5)
 
I am: morris .
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: South Detroit.
Vehicle: 2008
Drive Type: 4WD
Engine: 4.0
Posts: 7,815
Total Props: 27
If you decide to make them again I think I'm gonna man up in the new year. The Kewn told you weren't making them anymore and I got bummed. I wanna do this but financially right now I can't.

Good luck in your private life, please keep us updated.
Reply With Quote
+ 0 -
  #668  
Old 10-24-2012
timbits588's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
I am: tim m
Join Date: May 2011
Location: buffalo, ny
Vehicle: 2003 ford ranger
Posts: 273
Total Props: 2
obviously it depends on the the group as a whole, but i know i wouldn't mind waiting a little longer considering all the work that was put into coming up with the kit. plus i do most of the work on my truck in the summer since i don't have a garage. keep us posted!
Reply With Quote
+ 0 -
  #669  
Old 10-24-2012
01RangerEdge's Avatar
Scrambles the DeathDealer

iTrader: (11)
 
I am: Justin Quade
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jackson, MO
Vehicle: 2001 Ranger
Drive Type: 4x4
Engine: 4.0
Posts: 7,575
Total Props: 33
My lift is coming next week, brackets included. I can get as many measurements for those interested and can't wait to get them.

I would go as far to say that I may be able to get CAD drawings.

I hope things work out in your private life, keep us updated
Reply With Quote
+ 0 -
  #670  
Old 10-24-2012
04RangerDave's Avatar
JDM> RANGER

iTrader: (3)
 
I am: Dave k
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: RI
Vehicle: 2003 Toyota Taco TRD
Posts: 5,030
Total Props: -109
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01RangerEdge View Post
My lift is coming next week, brackets included. I can get as many measurements for those interested and can't wait to get them.

I would go as far to say that I may be able to get CAD drawings.

I hope things work out in your private life, keep us updated
NO SAS?
Reply With Quote
+ 0 -
  #671  
Old 10-24-2012
Red_Ak_Ranger's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (1)
 
I am: Aaron B.
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 17,221
Total Props: 12
Hope everything works out, I don't want to wait really.


I'm thinking I'm just going to replace the torsion bars and get a motorcycle next summer.
Reply With Quote
+ 0 -
  #672  
Old 10-24-2012
99offroadrngr's Avatar
TOYOTA
iTrader: (37)
 
I am: JD M
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Vehicle: 2004 Ford Ranger
Drive Type: 4x4
Engine: 4.0
Posts: 11,719
Total Props: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01RangerEdge View Post
My lift is coming next week, brackets included. I can get as many measurements for those interested and can't wait to get them.

I would go as far to say that I may be able to get CAD drawings.

I hope things work out in your private life, keep us updated
gud. i knead cad fylez tew geht dem maid
Reply With Quote
+ 0 -
  #673  
Old 10-25-2012
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
I am: A car modding addict
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Maine
Vehicle: 2000 Ranger Stepside 4x4
Posts: 1,206
Total Props: 6
OK guys, if you're going to make them yourself, please pull your name off the list.

I want to see who will actually commit to an order if I do another run. If it's not enough to justify a run, I won't waste my time. If enough people are actually going to commit, I'll get the ball rolling.
Reply With Quote
+ 0 -
  #674  
Old 10-25-2012
morris's Avatar
YOUS TEH SIRCH NEWB

iTrader: (5)
 
I am: morris .
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: South Detroit.
Vehicle: 2008
Drive Type: 4WD
Engine: 4.0
Posts: 7,815
Total Props: 27
Like mentioned, I have to wait til the new year. Truck is paid off in feb/march. I would like to be running coils by SL.
Reply With Quote
+ 0 -
  #675  
Old 10-25-2012
Member
 
I am: Joshua
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Statesboro, GA
Vehicle: 2001 Ford Ranger Edge
Posts: 18
Total Props: 0
I have a source here in town if I can get the CAD drawings and/or any information/drawings someone might have.
email is josh.berkhimer@gmail.com if anybody has something.
Reply With Quote
+ 0 -
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Coilover brackets 2003level2 Suspension Tech 56 05-30-2016 07:40 AM
My Sport Trac (Gone Coilover'd!) Coilover Pic Thread shooterdude199 Snapshots 17 09-27-2011 03:25 PM
For Sale: Coilover brackets straps and more-WA 5.0fox Suspension, Tires, & Wheels 18 11-06-2010 11:32 AM
For Sale: NEW RCD coilover brackets and hardware!!!!HI 808danger Suspension, Tires, & Wheels 10 07-14-2010 03:52 AM
Want to Buy: Coilover Conversion Brackets (MA) 99offroadrngr Engine & Drivetrain 18 07-12-2010 01:04 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:28 AM.