Rear Upper Shock Mount Broken
I have been looking around on this forum for quite a while now - you have a real nice site here, bunch of great information, and members. I am happy that I am finally a member
My 98 Ford Ranger 3.0L V6 Auto 2WD has a broken rear upper shock mount (driver's side). I have read quite a few posts on this site about this problem. I figured this is the best place to get the information I need:
1) The original mount is riveted on, correct? I will have to grind the heads off the rivets, right?
2) Where is the best place to buy the replacement shock mount? Is it only available online, or will a local auto parts store have it?
3) I just want to get a replacement shock mount for a 98 Ford Ranger right? Anything else I should know before ordering?
3) What else will I need to complete this repair? A bunch of washers to get the correct angle...?
4) Basically the repair goes something like this: Grind off rivets and remove old mount, put in the new mount with washers to get the right angle, am I missing anything major here?
Thanks very much for your help in advance, I appreciate it very much. I have put this off as long as possible, and this is my work truck so I can't have this break down. Planning to fix this as soon as I get the information I need.
I will check this post frequently so I can answer any questions you guys may have.
Any other information that you may have that would be helpful would be great.