Simple trick to ease lower ball joint installation
This may have been posted before, and it's common sense really -- but I never did it this way and I'm kicking myself for it, lol.
I put the new ball joints in the freezer for 15+ minutes before I installed them and took each one out only after I was ready to put it in. I lubed the hole in the lower arm and the ball joint with a thin layer of silicone grease (Sil-Glyde brake part lube).
Well, it took so little torque on the ball joint press that I was astounded. I've put quite a few sets of these in various Rangers and this is the easiest it's EVER been by far.
Like I said, cooling a press-fit part to make it go in easier is not news -- but somehow I never applied it to ball joint installation, so I thought I'd share it anyway.