Want to Buy: Wanted: 98-07 Rear axle blocks for Ford Ranger 4x4 - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Suspension, Tires, & Wheels Ford Ranger suspension parts, tires, and wheels, i.e. suspension lift kits, body lifts, wheels, and tires.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 05-26-2016
RCI2950's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Posts: 9
Wanted: 98-07 Rear axle blocks for Ford Ranger 4x4

I am looking to do the pre key lift on my 2010 ford ranger but am having trouble finding the rear axle blocks. I was hoping someone has a set here. Looking for the blocks removed from a 1998-2007 Ford ranger.

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-27-2016
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Buter, PA
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCI2950 View Post
I am looking to do the pre key lift on my 2010 ford ranger but am having trouble finding the rear axle blocks. I was hoping someone has a set here. Looking for the blocks removed from a 1998-2007 Ford ranger.

Thanks in advance.
Where are you located? I've been contemplating switching out my 2.5" factory blocks for the post '07 blocks.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-24-2016
cheese_man's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: arthur
Posts: 2,049
you can do away with the axle spacer clocks and go with the superlift ford explorer leaf springs

9.75 inches of arch .

https://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/slf-01-194

or these ones

1986-1996 Ford F100, F150 2wd - Leaf Spring (Rear - 4/1 Leaves) [43-883] | $77.95 | SD Truck Springs | Leaf Springs, Helper Springs and Suspension Parts
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-24-2016
BDod's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Uniontown, OH
Posts: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsf94 View Post
Where are you located? I've been contemplating switching out my 2.5" factory blocks for the post '07 blocks.

^ What is the difference in the post 07 blocks? Can't be too crazy since it is just a lift block and all.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-24-2016
cheese_man's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: arthur
Posts: 2,049
spacer blocks damage your leaf springs beyond repair

the superlift springs will provide you with 4 inches of lift with the spacer blocks removed
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-24-2016
camodown's Avatar
Lost in Nowhere

iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Midland, TX
Posts: 5,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDod
^ What is the difference in the post 07 blocks? Can't be too crazy since it is just a lift block and all.
1" difference. 08+ are only 1.5" blocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese_man
spacer blocks damage your leaf springs beyond repair

the superlift springs will provide you with 4 inches of lift with the spacer blocks removed
While I'll agree that no block is best, him switching to the larger oem block isn't going to ruin his springs.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-24-2016
cheese_man's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: arthur
Posts: 2,049
the spacer blocks will bend his leaf spring into a W pattern

i paid good money for a pair of 1,700 pound capacity springs only to have the spacer blocks destroy them in less than 3 months

the 2nd choice i posted will provide weight carrying capacity as well as eliminating the spacer block
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-27-2016
camodown's Avatar
Lost in Nowhere

iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Midland, TX
Posts: 5,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese_man
the spacer blocks will bend his leaf spring into a W pattern

i paid good money for a pair of 1,700 pound capacity springs only to have the spacer blocks destroy them in less than 3 months

the 2nd choice i posted will provide weight carrying capacity as well as eliminating the spacer block

There are also millions of rangers riding around on oem blocks and don't have a problem. Maybe those leaf springs were not as good a quality as you thought.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lift Blocks stacked on Factory Blocks CMacki Suspension Tech 6 05-09-2015 10:40 AM
For Sale: '08+ 1-1/4" Axle Blocks - VT VH5150 Suspension, Tires, & Wheels 1 12-09-2011 11:29 AM
For Sale: 83-97 axle beam drop brackets & 3" rear blocks w/ U-bolts - GA MugenCRX04 Suspension, Tires, & Wheels 16 04-11-2010 06:31 PM
Blocks between leaf springs and axle? KooK Suspension Tech 7 12-25-2007 04:25 PM
whats the difference between lifting blocks and lowering blocks? Bumpncarstereo Suspension Tech 8 09-22-2006 11:54 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:08 AM.