Wirelessly posted (Blackberry 8530)
Thanks for the comments.
I am guessing that I probably have about 25 hours into them start to finish. I stripped them with spray-on aircraft remover first, then used a 3M paint and rust removal wheel and some wire wheels in the drill. Once I had the oxidation off and the ridges taken down a bit, I finished the fine details with some 220 grit, then used a coat of self-etching primer and a coat of sandable primer. I did some light sanding, then did two coats of silver wheel paint and two coats of clear wheel paint. For the time I put into them, I'm very pleased. I would have preferred powdercoating, but this started out as a budget project, and that would have somewhat defeated the purpose. Including buying the rims, I only have $96 total into it.