One of the things that takes little time but helps your car a lot is checking the tire pressure.
Incorrect tire pressure not only causes tire damage but has a direct consequence on your safety and stability on the road. Here's the procedure :
1. The first thing you need to do,to make a proper check is to preferably put your car on a horizontal surface (not on a uphill, downhill etc.)
2. You need a tire pressure gage (digital or analogue). If you don't have one in your car equipment, buy one. Even the most fancy ones don't cost a lot and you can buy them almost everywhere.
3. Take off the cap on the air valve (put it in sight, you can loose it easily)
4. Put the gage on the valve and press. The gage will instantly tell you the tire pressure.
5. Look at the markings on the tire or the plate that's by the driver door. On them are the correct values for the pressure on your tires.
6. Inflate or deflate the tire to the correct pressure