2" front torque lift - Page 2 - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


1" & 3" Body Lifts General discussion of body lifts for the Ford Ranger.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #26  
Old 11-05-2011
angus-'s Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Wa
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toreador4x4 View Post
install the pre 2008 Torsion keys, belltech 6400 shackles and a 3" body lift. If you have fender flares, run a 33x12.50 on a 15x10. If you dont have fender flares, run a 33x12.50 on an 8" rim.

There are a few rangers with this exact set up (most that i helped install) locally that you can see before doing yours (im no help because my truck is gone)

Also, i had torsion keys without problem...you just need to know when to stop cranking
It seems that lots of people here say to stay away from the aftermarket torsion keys, is there a brand that is better? And how much will they lift the front over stock T-bars that are cranked already?
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 11-06-2011
Toreador4x4's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Livonia, MI
Posts: 3,958
Quote:
Originally Posted by angus- View Post
It seems that lots of people here say to stay away from the aftermarket torsion keys, is there a brand that is better? And how much will they lift the front over stock T-bars that are cranked already?
i dont remember what brand mine were, 0Rangeredge2 bought them for me. I cranked them about 1" over what my maxed #1 bars were. But i used by "B" bars with them so i had increased height and a better ride
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 11-06-2011
angus-'s Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Wa
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toreador4x4 View Post
i dont remember what brand mine were, 0Rangeredge2 bought them for me. I cranked them about 1" over what my maxed #1 bars were. But i used by "B" bars with them so i had increased height and a better ride
What's the difference between B bars and #1 bars etc.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 11-06-2011
Toreador4x4's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Livonia, MI
Posts: 3,958
#1 bars are the stiffest, they come in v8 explorer/mountaineer and FX4 rangers...the B bar is a little softer and comes in most 3.0 and some 4.0 4x4 rangers
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 11-06-2011
velty's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: edmonton AB
Posts: 3
The stock torsion bar dial in will let you clear 33's on later model rangers. The thing is that it stiffens the whole front end. rougher ride on street. wears your bushings/CV axle shafts faster, you start to have problems with the inner dif and outer axle seals. there's a whole list of things that dialing in the torsion bars affects. the biggest thing i noticed was off road, your articulation is cut significantly. you have to rely on the rear to do the flex. which brings me to my next point. if you want to run big tires. and take the VEH off road... trim the fenders at home, before you head out. not on the trail like i did.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 11-06-2011
04RangerDave's Avatar
JDM> RANGER

iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: RI
Posts: 5,030
Wirelessly posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toreador4x4
#1 bars are the stiffest, they come in v8 explorer/mountaineer and FX4 rangers...the B bar is a little softer and comes in most 3.0 and some 4.0 4x4 rangers
My spring code says "1K" I'm not a FX4. Just a 04 XLT 4.0 4x4
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 11-06-2011
Toreador4x4's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Livonia, MI
Posts: 3,958
I guess its kind of hit and miss if you are equipped with #1's...all Level II's for sure have them, and 4x4 4.0s are hit or miss
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 11-06-2011
04RangerDave's Avatar
JDM> RANGER

iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: RI
Posts: 5,030
Wirelessly posted

That's strange. What causes them to sag like some people say and how would I determine the sag?
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 11-06-2011
djfllmn's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: York, PA
Posts: 5,796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toreador4x4 View Post
I guess its kind of hit and miss if you are equipped with #1's...all Level II's for sure have them, and 4x4 4.0s are hit or miss
my lvl1 FX4 has #1s
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 11-06-2011
StxDangerRanger's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Flat Rock, Mi
Posts: 6,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04RangerDave View Post
Wirelessly posted

That's strange. What causes them to sag like some people say and how would I determine the sag?
Motors are heavy.
Gravity sucks.
Wheeling doesn't help either.
my rear leafs are almost flat. i might just look into an AAL next time i do springs.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 11-06-2011
04RangerDave's Avatar
JDM> RANGER

iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: RI
Posts: 5,030
Wirelessly posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by StxDangerRanger
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04RangerDave View Post
Wirelessly posted

That's strange. What causes them to sag like some people say and how would I determine the sag?
Motors are heavy.
Gravity sucks.
Wheeling doesn't help either.
my rear leafs are almost flat. i might just look into an AAL next time i do springs.
My leafs where flat also. I just went to a local spring place and they made a set for $100 total. Better than $200 a side at the dealer.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 11-06-2011
StxDangerRanger's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Flat Rock, Mi
Posts: 6,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04RangerDave View Post
Wirelessly posted



My leafs where flat also. I just went to a local spring place and they made a set for $100 total. Better than $200 a side at the dealer.
I'm gonna look into that then. Mine are getting there.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 11-08-2011
angus-'s Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Wa
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04RangerDave View Post
Wirelessly posted



My spring code says "1K" I'm not a FX4. Just a 04 XLT 4.0 4x4
Where do I find the spring code?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
front shock bolts torque.. montreal Suspension Tech 9 09-09-2011 02:50 PM
Front Drive Shaft Torque Specs? erik d Drivetrain Tech 2 03-01-2011 10:33 PM
Delayed "Lockup" on Torque Converter davethepear Drivetrain Tech 20 01-21-2011 09:36 PM
auto tranny "torque doubling effect"? nick112207 Drivetrain Tech 21 05-07-2008 09:13 AM
96 2WD front brake caliper bolt torque? iplayloudly General Ford Ranger Discussion 0 03-29-2008 12:28 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:14 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.