It's body lift time! - Page 6 - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


1" & 3" Body Lifts General discussion of body lifts for the Ford Ranger.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #126  
Old 07-22-2008
zabeard's Avatar
who?
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: IN
Posts: 26,045
nice! get more better pics. k thanks
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 07-22-2008
winks's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Jackson, New Jersey
Posts: 4,872
I knew I saw an 03 valance on your truck... its just not in your body lifted pic.
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 07-22-2008
04blackedge's Avatar
RF Veteran
Thread Starter
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 23,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by zabeard View Post
nice! get more better pics. k thanks
Very soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by winks View Post
I knew I saw an 03 valance on your truck... its just not in your body lifted pic.
Ah you sure did, it rubbed liked crazy for some reason tho, bad enough that I couldnt make left turns in fear of ripping it off. You should be seeing it again soon
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 07-22-2008
seed60's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (15)
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Mooresville, NC
Posts: 5,584
Can't wait!
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 07-22-2008
cory07ranger4x4's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Corvallis,OR
Posts: 502
I didn't have to use the radiator drop brackets??
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old 07-22-2008
04blackedge's Avatar
RF Veteran
Thread Starter
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 23,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by cory07ranger4x4 View Post
I didn't have to use the radiator drop brackets??
Not even the top ones? I couldnt bolt it back in the stock locations the way it was. I had to remove all the blocks and lower it back down to get it out so I could install the brackets. That could be why your AC line got screwed up
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 07-22-2008
seed60's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (15)
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Mooresville, NC
Posts: 5,584
I'll have to keep this in mind.

Last edited by seed60; 07-22-2008 at 03:14 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 07-22-2008
seed60's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (15)
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Mooresville, NC
Posts: 5,584
BTW which kit did you get? 98-00? or 01-05?
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 07-22-2008
04blackedge's Avatar
RF Veteran
Thread Starter
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 23,426
98-00, worked great for me everything bolted up just fine. Advice for everyone though, never buy a used kit its a pain in the butt.
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 07-22-2008
seed60's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (15)
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Mooresville, NC
Posts: 5,584
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04blackedge View Post
98-00, worked great for me everything bolted up just fine. Advice for everyone though, never buy a used kit its a pain in the butt.
That's the one I got as well. Any problems stick out in your head that I may need to look out for in the front??

How did you get off not using the fuel hose extension?? That thing was a pain!! I can only imagine how the front is going to go!?!

Be prepared for a bunch of noob questions!! lol

Last edited by seed60; 07-22-2008 at 03:30 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 07-22-2008
Silver's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: edenton,nc
Posts: 2,708
we wont pictures NOW lol
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 07-22-2008
04blackedge's Avatar
RF Veteran
Thread Starter
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 23,426
You can't handle the pics! lol I'm still at work. Make sure you have breaker bar, PB blaster and a torch and you'll be good to go. A impact isn't required but makes life sooo much easier.
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 07-22-2008
pace51's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: on da puter
Posts: 711
Quote:
Originally Posted by seed60 View Post
That's the one I got as well. Any problems stick out in your head that I may need to look out for in the front??

How did you get off not using the fuel hose extension?? That thing was a pain!! I can only imagine how the front is going to go!?!
I didn't read the whole thread but here's some pointers for ya dump the nuts Ford uses stock the ones that hold themselves against the frame so they don't spin. Replace them with regular nuts and washers. on more than half the b/l's we've done p/a didn't give all the right size bolts, so do what you can and hit up the hardware store for the rest. do the bed get it aligned then do the cab one side at a time, but don't wrench any thing tight untill you're all done so you can move the cab around to aligned it to the bed if ya gota. When you're done make sure you check all your hoses and lines under the hood. When we did mine I pulled the ultimate rookie mistake and didn't do that. Poped the hood gave a quick glance and fired the truck up. Well I didn't catch my a/c line resting on the belt and kaboom!!! NO A/C! I was twisted!
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 07-22-2008
Silver's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: edenton,nc
Posts: 2,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04blackedge View Post
You can't handle the pics! lol I'm still at work. Make sure you have breaker bar, PB blaster and a torch and you'll be good to go. A impact isn't required but makes life sooo much easier.
i got all the cool tools lol
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 07-22-2008
04blackedge's Avatar
RF Veteran
Thread Starter
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 23,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by pace51 View Post
I didn't read the whole thread but here's some pointers for ya dump the nuts Ford uses stock the ones that hold themselves against the frame so they don't spin. Replace them with regular nuts and washers. on more than half the b/l's we've done p/a didn't give all the right size bolts, so do what you can and hit up the hardware store for the rest. do the bed get it aligned then do the cab one side at a time, but don't wrench any thing tight untill you're all done so you can move the cab around to aligned it to the bed if ya gota. When you're done make sure you check all your hoses and lines under the hood. When we did mine I pulled the ultimate rookie mistake and didn't do that. Poped the hood gave a quick glance and fired the truck up. Well I didn't catch my a/c line resting on the belt and kaboom!!! NO A/C! I was twisted!
Yep all good advice. I think the bolts I have for the middle are the wrong size, I couldn't get them to go flush and they make a weird noise now.
Reply With Quote
  #141  
Old 07-22-2008
04blackedge's Avatar
RF Veteran
Thread Starter
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 23,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver View Post
i got all the cool tools lol
Yeah that was to seed60 lol. Man I bought so many tools for this haha, I think I spent the same amount on tools as I did for the lift!
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 07-22-2008
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by pace51 View Post
I didn't read the whole thread but here's some pointers for ya dump the nuts Ford uses stock the ones that hold themselves against the frame so they don't spin. Replace them with regular nuts and washers. on more than half the b/l's we've done p/a didn't give all the right size bolts, so do what you can and hit up the hardware store for the rest. do the bed get it aligned then do the cab one side at a time, but don't wrench any thing tight untill you're all done so you can move the cab around to aligned it to the bed if ya gota. When you're done make sure you check all your hoses and lines under the hood. When we did mine I pulled the ultimate rookie mistake and didn't do that. Poped the hood gave a quick glance and fired the truck up. Well I didn't catch my a/c line resting on the belt and kaboom!!! NO A/C! I was twisted!
those "dumb nuts" are called J-clips. and if there not plagued by rust they work great no need to replace them.

interesting never had a problem with bolts over 10+ lifts i have been around to install. there is different size bolts and if you put them in the right spots there is no problems.
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 07-22-2008
Silver's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: edenton,nc
Posts: 2,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04blackedge View Post
Yeah that was to seed60 lol. Man I bought so many tools for this haha, I think I spent the same amount on tools as I did for the lift!
well let me rephrase that my friend does lol
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 07-22-2008
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by cory07ranger4x4 View Post
I didn't have to use the radiator drop brackets??
you didnt? only way is if you have a E-fan
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 07-22-2008
seed60's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (15)
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Mooresville, NC
Posts: 5,584
I worried about getting up there and messing with my radiator. The way everything is all bent up in the front I might have some problems. Think so??
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 07-22-2008
pace51's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: on da puter
Posts: 711
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneckstone View Post
those "dumb nuts" are called J-clips. and if there not plagued by rust they work great no need to replace them.

interesting never had a problem with bolts over 10+ lifts i have been around to install. there is different size bolts and if you put them in the right spots there is no problems.
Maybe thats our problem we're to impatient? Anyway I may have exagerated but it does seem more often than not we don't get all the right ones.

J-clips huh thx. I hate them We did the b/l on my ranger when she was still brand new and stripped out most of them anymore we just take em off and go w/ the nuts
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 07-22-2008
04blackedge's Avatar
RF Veteran
Thread Starter
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 23,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver View Post
well let me rephrase that my friend does lol
There ya go, same difference lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneckstone View Post
you didnt? only way is if you have a E-fan
Yeah something doesn't sound right

Quote:
Originally Posted by seed60 View Post
I worried about getting up there and messing with my radiator. The way everything is all bent up in the front I might have some problems. Think so??
You won't really know until you get in there.
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 07-22-2008
seed60's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (15)
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Mooresville, NC
Posts: 5,584
Thanks for all y'alls help. I'm sure I'll have a ton more questions.
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old 07-22-2008
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by pace51 View Post
Maybe thats our problem we're to impatient? Anyway I may have exagerated but it does seem more often than not we don't get all the right ones.

J-clips huh thx. I hate them We did the b/l on my ranger when she was still brand new and stripped out most of them anymore we just take em off and go w/ the nuts
sounds like you guys didnt read the instructions in there is says the lengths of the bolts you put where really simple a tape measure can tell you if you have everything..

how in hell did you strip them... if you thread the bolt in by hand first like you are supposed to there is no way to strip them..

when we have done body lifts even the last one on a truck that is 10 years old we used a 2 1000lb/ft impact guns and you still start deforming the bed before those strip.

no offense but maybe you guys need some help next time.. you have issues i have never heard of before..
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old 07-22-2008
cory07ranger4x4's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Corvallis,OR
Posts: 502
nope didn't use the radiator drop brackets... dunno why?? lemme look, my buddy could of put em on when I wasn't looking? off to work now though.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BODY LIFT FIRST TIME bbla91 1" & 3" Body Lifts 14 01-22-2012 10:58 AM
WTB: Stock body/bed bolts to undo a body lift (so cal) Alon Suspension, Tires, & Wheels 10 07-20-2009 02:08 PM
time for my body lift! truckcap22 General Ford Ranger Discussion 7 04-24-2009 01:30 AM
Summit Body Lift or PA Body Lift? vansnxtweek 1" & 3" Body Lifts 6 03-08-2008 04:39 PM
Too Body Lift... Or Not Too Body Lift... Mason 1" & 3" Body Lifts 51 06-30-2005 10:09 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:12 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.