Actual 2019 Ranger pics/info! - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


2019 Ford Ranger Discussion General discussion of the new 2019 Ford Ranger

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 01-15-2018
Moist's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: N/A
Posts: 31
Actual 2019 Ranger pics/info!

It actually looks quite small like the current one were used to!

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/ford/...-lariat-fx4-01
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-16-2018
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: newport, mich
Posts: 100
I cant wait to see this thing in person!!! Honestly, can’t say I am gonna buy one, however am very interested in checking it out for sure! I work over by the truck plant where these will be built.....
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-16-2018
Tsquare's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Lawrenceville
Posts: 167
Take a look at the 2019 Dodge Ram and the 2019 Ranger. They have a very similar profile. Either way there is no way I am getting a ruck with a smaller bed than what I am running right now.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-16-2018
Dusten's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Lake Goodwin, Wa
Posts: 187
No Manual... While I don't care, I know a lot of guys on other ranger forums are going to lose their mind... lol
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-17-2018
IN2 FX4's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 869
While I plan to keep my 02 FX4 for a few more years, I will eventually be in the market for one of these new Rangers. I am a manual trans guy and prefer it but I don't mind an automatic as long as it is very reliable. I am more concerned about the increase in size. I like the size of my current Ranger because I take it places where there is not much room on the sides.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-17-2018
Rob99's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Nutley, NJ
Posts: 176
Excited to see Ranger back in the lineup my '02 is still going strong so I'm a couple years away from purchasing and they always add option choices as years go on also don't want to be a tester while the bugs get worked out, lol.
A couple dislikes from the pics & vids I saw,
Tailights look to similar to F-150 as does the sheet metal over the rear wheels, front fender appliqué/ vent thingy,
Tailgate is also very similar looking to the F, this truck should have it's own identity not look like it's borrowing styling cues from another model, looking forward to seeing in person and how those things look in real world 3D haha.

Last edited by Rob99; 01-17-2018 at 06:19 PM. Reason: Added text
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-17-2018
Dusten's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Lake Goodwin, Wa
Posts: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by IN2 FX4 View Post
While I plan to keep my 02 FX4 for a few more years, I will eventually be in the market for one of these new Rangers. I am a manual trans guy and prefer it but I don't mind an automatic as long as it is very reliable. I am more concerned about the increase in size. I like the size of my current Ranger because I take it places where there is not much room on the sides.
the new ranger is almost identical in size to the colorado and the tacoma. You will never seen another truck as small as the older rangers. People want bigger, they want luxury and they want options.

the new 10 speed auto is a great trans though, don't hesitate to buy the truck because of it.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-17-2018
Dusten's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Lake Goodwin, Wa
Posts: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob99 View Post
Excited to see Ranger back in the lineup my '02 is still going strong so I'm a couple years away from purchasing and they always add option choices as years go on also don't want to be a tester while the bugs get worked out, lol.
A couple dislikes from the pics & vids I saw,
Tailights look to similar to F-150 as does the sheet metal over the rear wheels, front fender appliqué/ vent thingy,
Tailgate is also very similar looking to the F, this truck should have it's own identity not look like it's borrowing styling cues from another model, looking forward to seeing in person and how those things look in real world 3D haha.
Ford has gone to a platform similar to the OBS fords, where they all share styling cues. the 17+ super duties, the 18+ F-150's and the rangers will all be identifiable as from the same truck family.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-18-2018
DangerRanger7777's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: kensington ohio
Posts: 6
Our old rangers will now be known as OBS rangers. lol
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-19-2018
Rob99's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Nutley, NJ
Posts: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusten View Post
Ford has gone to a platform similar to the OBS fords, where they all share styling cues. the 17+ super duties, the 18+ F-150's and the rangers will all be identifiable as from the same truck family.
Ahhh ok I understand that marketing style, LOL.
I do like the steel colored or chrome bumpers and as I said above I will wait to see in person hope it's really a winner.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-21-2018
Fordzilla80's Avatar
@flrangeredge IG
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,075
The kid in me that purchased my current Ranger seven years ago doesn't like it. But the adult in me that is looking for practicality and reliability may actually buy one in a few years....
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-22-2018
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Montgomery, AL
Posts: 28
With Ford launching a diesel F-150 this year, maybe a 2.0L EcoBlue ranger in 2020-2021?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
canadian_ranger's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Ontario
Posts: 4
Saw the 2019 at the Canadian international autoshow

so I saw the new ranger in dark grey at the Canadian national auto show. Will stay away from bias but for those who have not seen it yet it is basically body shape wise a Colorado. Although on the positive side it is slightly narrower than the GM offerings. that 2.0 eco boost is now the second most annoying thing about the truck. that 10 speed is reliable but just not my style.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Montebello
Posts: 1
Hi All

New to this form. I mainly hang out at the Gt500 forms, SVT forms and Saleen Mustang forms .

But having 2 ford ranger years I was upset that ford had not kept the model alive here for us. I went Toyota mini truck then Tacoma and today a 2016 Nissan Frontier, since Ford has not allowed the NEW Ranger into this country. In 2015 I was in London and turbo diesel Ford Rangers abound.

A few days ago I was in Australia and New Zealand. The Ford Ranger with it's 3.2 and 3.6 diesel 6 speed manual trans 4x4 are very heavy duty looking. The truck population in those two countries are dominated mainly by the Ranger and the Toyota Hilux . All with stainless steel roll bars!!

I will post the pic/s of the new Ranger that will be similar minus the awesome engines and manual trans.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Massapequa Park
Posts: 2
Hello gents,
Haven't been on here in a while and had to re-register. Have a 2010 4wd supercab and put a TrakRac on it when new. Great for kayaking on the rack, throwing a deer in the bed, and towing a small bay boat.
Concerned (and probably very disappointed) about the physical dimensions of the new one. I really didn't want to replace what I have with a truck that won't fit between my porch and boat trailer, and won't
afford good support (6 feet apart are my racks) for the 14' kayak. I could care less about having more room behind the front seats. If anyone didn't want to sit in my jump seats, they could follow me in their
own mommy van (SUV)! Can anyone confirm the dimensions (Overall width) and whether a 6 foot bed is an option ?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Dusten's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Lake Goodwin, Wa
Posts: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Massapequa1 View Post
Hello gents,
Haven't been on here in a while and had to re-register. Have a 2010 4wd supercab and put a TrakRac on it when new. Great for kayaking on the rack, throwing a deer in the bed, and towing a small bay boat.
Concerned (and probably very disappointed) about the physical dimensions of the new one. I really didn't want to replace what I have with a truck that won't fit between my porch and boat trailer, and won't
afford good support (6 feet apart are my racks) for the 14' kayak. I could care less about having more room behind the front seats. If anyone didn't want to sit in my jump seats, they could follow me in their
own mommy van (SUV)! Can anyone confirm the dimensions (Overall width) and whether a 6 foot bed is an option ?

72.8" wide

On the super cab the bed is 6'
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Massapequa Park
Posts: 2
Dusten,
thanks for the reply. While the new one is a full three inches wider than mine, knowing I can still get a 6 foot bed is a plus at least. I also don't care that its not offered in manual tranny as that is a nuisance more often than not in the 'burbs.
If I may ask, where did you get your info, as I came up with bupkus?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2019 Ranger HarryTasker General Ford Ranger Discussion 10 01-22-2018 12:06 PM
2019 T6 Ranger? blksn8k 2019 Ford Ranger Discussion 11 12-11-2017 08:13 PM
Ranger returns to U.S in 2019 Just Pete 2019 Ford Ranger Discussion 7 11-28-2017 05:52 PM
2019 Ford Ranger planned... dj wayne 2019 Ford Ranger Discussion 5 06-03-2016 07:27 PM
ACTUAL PICS from Snow Wheeling!! wellcom2knoxvile Snapshots 46 11-21-2009 08:31 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:11 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.