Aftermarket Intake tube.....where can I get one? - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


4.0L OHV & SOHC V6 Tech General discussion of 4.0L OHV and SOHC V6 Ford Ranger engines.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 04-24-2007
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Havre De Grace,Md
Posts: 3,262
Icon5 Aftermarket Intake tube.....where can I get one?

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone knew a place where I can order a "Intake tube" for my truck. I have the K&N Filter, but never ordered the tube. Im looking to just get the tube with all the adapter pieces with it. The tube shown here:

And also, is there that much different from the after marjet intake tube and the standared stock rubber one?


1996 4.0 v-6 4x4 (Truck Stats)
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-24-2007
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Havre De Grace,Md
Posts: 3,262
I saw this here at the bottom of the page. But i=t doesnt have a MAS Adapter??????

http://www.ifab.net/products/93intake/index.html
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-25-2007
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Havre De Grace,Md
Posts: 3,262
not even a titter.........?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-25-2007
greygooseranger's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 3,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by fletch12518
Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone knew a place where I can order a "Intake tube" for my truck. I have the K&N Filter, but never ordered the tube. Im looking to just get the tube with all the adapter pieces with it. The tube shown here:

And also, is there that much different from the after marjet intake tube and the standared stock rubber one?


1996 4.0 v-6 4x4 (Truck Stats)
As far as stock tube vs. aftermarket, there is a difference. The after market tube has perfect laminear flow, and allot of times they are formed to actually make the air rush into the intake quicker..... As far as your other questions, I don't know....
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-25-2007
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Havre De Grace,Md
Posts: 3,262
Quote:
Originally Posted by greygooseranger
As far as stock tube vs. aftermarket, there is a difference. The after market tube has perfect laminear flow, and allot of times they are formed to actually make the air rush into the intake quicker..... As far as your other questions, I don't know....

ok Great. Thanks for the answer to that part.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-25-2007
greygooseranger's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 3,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by fletch12518
ok Great. Thanks for the answer to that part.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-26-2007
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Havre De Grace,Md
Posts: 3,262
btw will I get a better sound out of my exhaust?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-26-2007
redranger4.0's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Firey depths
Posts: 15
You will hear the intake alot more with the K&N. Not sure if it will change your exhaust tone or not. I know my truck gained a sort of fake turbo whine at certain RPM's with the K&N as I really got on it.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-26-2007
greygooseranger's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 3,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by fletch12518
btw will I get a better sound out of my exhaust?
Not so much from the exhaust, but you will hear the intake and that will make the truck sound different both inside and out...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale: New, Best Aftermarket HID ballasts you can get: Morimoto 3Five - (IL) Jp7 Interior, Exterior, Electrical, & Misc. 4 06-29-2012 12:38 AM
what size tube for tube bumper? 06FordFX4 Fabrication & Tool Tech 6 04-23-2012 05:35 PM
Expo 8.8 can't get one rotor off. nickskates4lyfe Drivetrain Tech 7 10-15-2011 12:12 AM
tube doors - can i get some help? coleary15 Fabrication & Tool Tech 24 10-25-2010 09:47 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:03 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.