Some audio stuff - Page 2 - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Audio & Video Tech General discussion of audio and video for the Ford Ranger.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #26  
Old 01-23-2011
the Answer's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Webster, Fl.
Posts: 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangOH View Post
Yeah if you like to play your system with the truck off..
other wise your just adding stress to an already overworked alternator.
totally *** backwords way of upgrading the electrical system.
do not take this advice.

a "real system" would not run a second battery as a replacement for a HO alternator.
adding a second batt is the best way to help with voltage drops, then upgrade ur alt.

go to any real audio forum and they will all say the same.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 01-23-2011
RangOH's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Madison, Ohio
Posts: 854
Using any real brain cells you know that the alternator wants to run at 14+ volts.
It has to charge the battery. Right? Right!
The battery wants to stay at its resting charge of around 12 volts nominal correct?!
How do you expect to not have a voltage drop when you pull more power then the alternator can provide?
The alternator will have to drop its voltage up until the battery kicks in at 12v nom. and starts sending power to the system.

how in the hell will adding a second battery or even 300 batteries stop the voltage drop from 14v to 12v. Even if you had a bank of 300 batteries wired in parallel the voltage would never go above the resting voltage of the batteries.

I swear there are way too many retards playing with dangerous car batteries that have no idea what they are doing. natural selection at work I guess.

Maybe you should lay off your "real audio forum" for a while.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 01-23-2011
the Answer's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Webster, Fl.
Posts: 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangOH View Post
Using any real brain cells you know that the alternator wants to run at 14+ volts.
It has to charge the battery. Right? Right!
The battery wants to stay at its resting charge of around 12 volts nominal correct?!
How do you expect to not have a voltage drop when you pull more power then the alternator can provide?
The alternator will have to drop its voltage up until the battery kicks in at 12v nom. and starts sending power to the system.

how in the hell will adding a second battery or even 300 batteries stop the voltage drop from 14v to 12v. Even if you had a bank of 300 batteries wired in parallel the voltage would never go above the resting voltage of the batteries.

I swear there are way too many retards playing with dangerous car batteries that have no idea what they are doing. natural selection at work I guess.

Maybe you should lay off your "real audio forum" for a while.
or maybe u should take a look at those forums and learn something, because adding batts helps, why else would everbody use them?
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 01-23-2011
RavageRule's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Baumholder, Germany
Posts: 53
The red terminal is the positive, right? :P

Come on guys, lets ease off the name calling and keep to the subject. I'm in here trying to learn something about audio systems and I'm reading arguments, instead. Can we keep it civil so us audiotards can learn something?
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 01-23-2011
RangOH's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Madison, Ohio
Posts: 854
I think they like to get in these arguments with me

Quote:
or maybe u should take a look at those forums and learn something, because adding batts helps, why else would everbody use them?
wow really, that's your response. If you cannot answer my question yourself, then you obviously don't know what your talking about. you therefore are relying on the actions of others without even learning for yourself.
forums are full of misinformation and follow the leader type bs. I think we all know this, you have to be able to weed out the bad information from the good by using your own head.
blind leading the blind. I didn't post those videos in this thread for my health, the guy in the video agrees with me. so do all of the people who responded to the video. do my explanations not make sense to you? what do I have to do to make you understand this simple f-ing concept.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 01-23-2011
evilclown312's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Logan ohio
Posts: 2,772
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangOH View Post
I think they like to get in these arguments with me
.
Because you post stuff like this... https://www.ranger-forums.com/f41/tr...t-ohms-109139/

lmao, get em josh :)
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 01-23-2011
StxDangerRanger's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Flat Rock, Mi
Posts: 6,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangOH View Post
WTF are you talking about man. that makes no sense... at all.

You don't "draw" voltage, you draw current.

based on this simple equation from a basic electrical class,
Volts = Watts/amps, Voltage is current, so you CAN draw voltage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangOH View Post
and Ah have no significance unless qualified by the number of hours the battery is discharged due to manufacture variations.
its quantified, not qualified, and yes it does happen, your using current from the second battery, and if its rated at 20 amp/hour which means it won't need to start drawing a charge for like 6 hours, so a trickle from your alt would be sufficient to power it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RangOH View Post
i've read your post like 10 times trying to understand what you said, still no luck, anyone else understand it, maybe you could explain it to me.
its because you've never taken an electrical class in your life, do some research.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 01-23-2011
rangerboy101's Avatar
RF Veteran
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Winchester, Va
Posts: 8,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by StxDangerRanger View Post
based on this simple equation from a basic electrical class,
Volts = Watts/amps, Voltage is current, so you CAN draw voltage.
Ok, I wasn't really going to say anything to you guys but this post made me change my mind. Voltage=Amps x Ohms or, E=IxR. OR, Voltage=Current x Resistance. Voltage is not current. Current is measured in amps, not volts. And FWIW, I'm currently in an electrical course.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 01-23-2011
RangOH's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Madison, Ohio
Posts: 854
I still stand by the main information of that post... I do how ever slightly disagree with a few of the of the things I said later on when I was being attacked by everyone and their mother.. At least I can admit when I'm wrong though. I backed up all of my responses with facts though, some of my opinions are what I disagree with now. The facts that are in the post hold true.

Quote:
lmao, get em josh :)
no you "get me" since you want to be a wise ***.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 01-23-2011
rangerboy101's Avatar
RF Veteran
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Winchester, Va
Posts: 8,187
Honestly John, I'd just kinda learned to not argue with you anymore. We believe different things and like you said, you normally have facts to back it up whereas, I don't.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 01-23-2011
StxDangerRanger's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Flat Rock, Mi
Posts: 6,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerboy101 View Post
Ok, I wasn't really going to say anything to you guys but this post made me change my mind. Voltage=Amps x Ohms or, E=IxR. OR, Voltage=Current x Resistance. Voltage is not current. Current is measured in amps, not volts. And FWIW, I'm currently in an electrical course.
I modified I=QT. and took a conversion equation. if your given Watts and Amps, you can find voltage, or you can move the equation around to make it convert just about anything. I'm in a circuits based class, so we don't mainly deal with over more than like 9v and 10 amps and what not, but i do have a good handle on them.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 01-23-2011
RangOH's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Madison, Ohio
Posts: 854
Quote:
its quantified, not qualified,
no, I meant qualified

Quote:
its because you've never taken an electrical class in your life, do some research.
Sorry bud, One year of basic electrical class in highschool, Two years at Auburn C.C. in the electricity and electronics course. Not to mention 10+ years of experience working on others vehicles, houses, and electronics.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 01-23-2011
StxDangerRanger's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Flat Rock, Mi
Posts: 6,313
Explain to me how you Qualify something. because you do that buy putting in through some paces in my book, which isn't how Amp/hours work. you quantify that by putting values in that makes it able to be understood.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 02-27-2011
rangerboy101's Avatar
RF Veteran
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Winchester, Va
Posts: 8,187
Update. Put some carpet on my box today:


And I picked up a little something:


It's a Sundown SA-8 D4. I'll be building a box for this thing next weekend and it'll get the same carpet on it that my other box got today.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale: some audio stuff and a itouch (va) ranger024x4 Interior, Exterior, Electrical, & Misc. 0 11-15-2010 10:51 AM
For Sale: my CL ad-audio stuff!- PDX OREGON darangerdanger Interior, Exterior, Electrical, & Misc. 0 10-19-2010 10:52 PM
For Sale: Polk Audio RM6700 Home Audio Speakers KY straightedge Miscellaneous Items 2 10-09-2009 12:01 PM
AUDIO STUFF FOR SALE- New Brunswick Canada reader585 Interior, Exterior, Electrical, & Misc. 9 05-14-2009 02:21 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:44 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.