diff q's... - Page 2 - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Drivetrain Tech General discussion of drivetrain for the Ford Ranger.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #26  
Old 12-03-2007
thesoundmaster's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Centennial CO
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmhm17
thanx for the help guys your awsome both of you i dident know i would get this much help.. this is great i wish i had this much help when i poped my motor 2 weeks ago.. but thats gone and passed. soundmaster i was going to go out tomorow and get some sand bags actualy funny you bring that up. as far as this traction-loc deal im really considering it. now i dont know what this kit looks like or what ill actualy be replacing (im bringing it to a shop) but do you have a pic of a diferential and what ill be replacing?

Here's the one for mine, since mine's a 31 spline not a 28 spline

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5+&appfilter=1
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 12-03-2007
99ranger4x4's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 12,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmhm17
thanx for the help guys your awsome both of you i dident know i would get this much help.. this is great i wish i had this much help when i poped my motor 2 weeks ago.. but thats gone and passed. soundmaster i was going to go out tomorow and get some sand bags actualy funny you bring that up. as far as this traction-loc deal im really considering it. now i dont know what this kit looks like or what ill actualy be replacing (im bringing it to a shop) but do you have a pic of a diferential and what ill be replacing?
see how many 70lb bags you can put in a walmart cart, i put 280lbs in and didnt phase the cart, i wanted to break it... gotta go bigger next time
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 12-03-2007
Jmhm17's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Worcester, MA
Posts: 534
ok well as stated 99ranger im not going to make it a off road only truck i just want the option to be there so my plans would be and are to put on a superlift and front drive shaft and go with the rear LSD... pretty much have the same setup as the truck i posted a pic of and have a rear lsd..

and as far as "drifting" if you want to call it that (we do drive trucks you know.. lol) in an auto its pretty easy if you can control the throtle, i know how to drive very well i had a low 12 sec fwd car, you wana talk about throtle control.. yeah.. i was spinning even with slicks..

anyways

soundmaster ill take a look at that link in a second.. thanx buddy

Last edited by Jmhm17; 12-04-2007 at 01:08 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 12-03-2007
Jmhm17's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Worcester, MA
Posts: 534
hey where can i get it in a 28 spline on summit?
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 12-03-2007
thesoundmaster's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Centennial CO
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmhm17
hey where can i get it in a 28 spline on summit?

right here!

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 12-03-2007
Jmhm17's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Worcester, MA
Posts: 534
sweet.. i actualy just found it on summit.. so i wont need to change gears or anything just swap this in? im sure sounds easyer said then done.. not even sure how big this thing is or where it goes in the diff..
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 12-03-2007
99ranger4x4's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 12,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmhm17
ok well as stated 99ranger im not going to make it a off road only truck i just want the option to be there so my plans would be and are to put on a superlift and front drive shaft and go with the rear LSD... pretty much have the same setup as the truck i posted a pic of and have a rear lsd..

and as far as "drifting" if you want to call it that (we do drive trucks you know.. lol) in an auto its pretty easy if you can control the throtle, i know how to drive very well i had a low 12 sec fwd car, you wana talk about throtle control.. yeah.. i was spinning even with slicks..

anyways

soundmaster ill take a look at that link in a second.. thanx buddy

i meant to say INCASE, and i was still saying with an auto, if i had ever owned one... then maybe i would know how to control and keep it "SLIDING"(if you will) in the snow with out it shifting.. you could always throw it in 1st i guess

but beyond that, i know what throttle control is, i know what idle and wide open is as well as how to keep it goin where and how i want it.

and sure it was a 12sec fwd, but i would still laugh at it, im sorry im just an American muscle kinda guy, yes i know its a dodge but im talking 4 more cylinders and a couple hundred more inches of displacement
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 12-03-2007
thesoundmaster's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Centennial CO
Posts: 5
One thing I'd suggest is not do it yourself but find a driveline specialist in your are to do it. Don't know if you have to set the Ring again or not.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 12-03-2007
Jmhm17's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Worcester, MA
Posts: 534
ok ill check with my cusion he owns a shop ill see if he knows how to do this..

yeah and 99 ranger its ok.. some people just cant get over the fact that huge motors with big displacment can get beat by a boosted 4 banger.. my dad has an 06 GTO procharged meth injected and intercooled running 540 to the rear wheels on a mustang dyno.. all his buddies gave me **** cause i drove a 4 banger and you know what.. i smoked most all the gto's i raced.. and all the c5 z06's i raced gave me thumbs up when i was sitting side by side with them at 140mph+.. been there done that paid my price and delt with the **** talking, time to move on... you guys can have your big v8's i give props to you but car guys are car guys if it goes fast its respectable no mater what it is.. this is why i bought a truck so i could get out of all that crap, have fun in the snow and beable to drive over most anything and i can move my selfe anywear i want without finding some one with a truck.. practicle.. yes..

and incase you care this was my old car.


i miss her :(


now back on topic!
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 12-03-2007
Jmhm17's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Worcester, MA
Posts: 534
thanx again for the help soundmaster, and redneck..
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 12-03-2007
thesoundmaster's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Centennial CO
Posts: 5
yup. Let me know how it turns out.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 12-03-2007
99ranger4x4's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 12,198
its a clean car, and i'll give you respect for getting 12s out of 4 cylinders... granted its not a honda thats more for ya

but when it all comes down to it i LOVE this sound
http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y15...andprix154.flv
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 12-02-2011
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: carrollton,ohio
Posts: 7
i have an 01 ranger it's got 4.0l and i'm pretty sure they are 4.10 but my ? is how do you know how many splines are there without taking it apart i can't look in the door jam cause my sticker is not there anymore any advise here would be helpful
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 12-03-2011
98liftedranger's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: California
Posts: 12,538
There will be a tag on your axle. Get the numbers off there and post up and we can tell you.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 12-06-2011
Mcleary316's Avatar
Member

 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lawrence, Kansas
Posts: 2,322
How do i remove this post?
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 12-06-2011
Mcleary316's Avatar
Member

 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lawrence, Kansas
Posts: 2,322
Icon10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ranger4x4 View Post
see how many 70lb bags you can put in a walmart cart, i put 280lbs in and didnt phase the cart, i wanted to break it... gotta go bigger next time
HAHA I have always wanted to break a cart too!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Changed the rear diff oil, went to synthetic & new diff cover Clinton Snapshots 15 07-06-2011 04:11 PM
front diff and rear diff fordguy19 4.0L OHV & SOHC V6 Tech 4 10-30-2010 05:21 PM
rear diff fluid gatorblue92 Drivetrain Tech 25 12-03-2005 12:22 PM
Diff codes ranger024x4 Drivetrain Tech 4 10-12-2004 09:34 PM
Diff Exhaust. FoMoCoFiddy New Ideas 17 09-28-2004 12:54 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:27 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.