Manual t-case pricing. - Page 2 - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Drivetrain Tech General discussion of drivetrain for the Ford Ranger.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #26  
Old 06-04-2009
whippersnapper02's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 7,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by kymudder08 View Post
i meant swap. so you can go from a elec to a manual?
Yes. Good luck finding the linkage and extension housing though.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 06-04-2009
kymudder08's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Owensboro, KY
Posts: 838
whys that?
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 06-04-2009
graniteguy's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,221
HIJACK into a conversion thread! lol

I have the same question. I can get a manual TC off an 80's model ranger. Its the kind with the slide in front driveshaft. Can I rob the linkage parts and install on my electric TC?

i would put in on a early 90's explorer electric TC that has the double cardon shaft
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 06-04-2009
zabeard's Avatar
who?
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: IN
Posts: 26,045
the housing is different on the electric case. so you cant just put the linkage on it. if that is what you are trying to say. otherwise im confused
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 06-04-2009
zabeard's Avatar
who?
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: IN
Posts: 26,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blhde View Post
You going 4406m?
no i am getting a 1356M, I heard it will work with my transmission. *fingers crossed*
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 06-04-2009
chainfire's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Mission B.C.
Posts: 3,126
Well thats a good question. The casting of the cases will probably be different though.

Here is something that I found on TRS. It is a exploded view of most light duty T-cases. I should help a little
http://www.therangerstation.com/tech...Case_Guide.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 06-04-2009
graniteguy's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by zabeard View Post
the housing is different on the electric case. so you cant just put the linkage on it. if that is what you are trying to say. otherwise im confused

we are on the same page. Somewhere on this thread it sounded like you could take the manual compnents and install them on an electric TC. Sounds like the answer is no.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 06-04-2009
shadow905's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Boerne, TX
Posts: 1,997
can you take your fixed yoke on the electric and put it on the manual?
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 06-04-2009
rngprerunner's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Long Beach CA
Posts: 3,453
Wow, those are some cheap cases! Around here they are going for $250-300 without the shifter/linkage.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 06-04-2009
graniteguy's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow905 View Post
can you take your fixed yoke on the electric and put it on the manual?
If someone has an aswer, I am all ears
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 06-04-2009
zabeard's Avatar
who?
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: IN
Posts: 26,045
I am going to say you cant, only reason i say that is because i believe that the casing is even different on those models. The slip yoke is a 1350, not a 1354, so that leaves even other issues.(they never made a 1354 with a slip yoke to my knowledge)

Now even on a 1354 the earlier models have the yoke output and the newer models have the CV output. Even those the dealer tells me they cannot be swapped because the shaft is so much different. I tried this earlier, but After some disassembly of both my newer electric case (2003) and my older manual case (1993) I believe the shafts can be swapped around if you wanted a Yoke style(ujoint) output.

The rear flanges can be swapped around, because on the colder model cases, they used a 2.5" fixed output flange and the newer rangers use a 3" fixed output flange.

IMO, anyone that is looking to swap to a manual should not even be thinking about a 1350 case, you better run a 1354 as its a little bit stronger.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 06-04-2009
zabeard's Avatar
who?
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: IN
Posts: 26,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by graniteguy View Post
we are on the same page. Somewhere on this thread it sounded like you could take the manual compnents and install them on an electric TC. Sounds like the answer is no.
The inside components on the 1354 are nearly the same but the casing is much different.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 06-04-2009
TexasRanger's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: austin, TX
Posts: 1,252
stop being a ***** and cut a hole in your floor
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 06-04-2009
Blhde's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Northern IL
Posts: 2,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by zabeard View Post
no i am getting a 1356M, I heard it will work with my transmission. *fingers crossed*
Something to look into.


Quote:
The 97 and earlier trucks had the Borg Warner 1356 transfer case.
The 99 and later had the NP 283 transfer case.
The input shaft on the NP 283 is larger than it is on the BW 1356.

I have been looking at installing a ZF 6 in my 86, very doable but the transfer case has to change with the tranny.

Since the E4OD was 97 and older like the ZF 5 manual.
And the ZF 6 and the 4R100 was 99 and newer, I would guess the 1356 transfer case will not fit your tranny.
2wd to 4wd possible? - Page 3 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 06-04-2009
zabeard's Avatar
who?
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: IN
Posts: 26,045
its hard to say, if you are talking about superduties, then sure, but the output shaft sizes are different on the 4r100, depends on the application.

I read that the 4406 and the Bw1356 are interchangeable. I have a BW4406 (Auto/Allwheel drive) right now.

There is also the BW4407 which is also on Superduties 99+, so not sure where you got that info but the BW4407 is offered in an Auto and Manual version found in the Superdutys. Also the NP283 is found in superduties as well.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 06-04-2009
99ranger4x4's Avatar
RF Veteran
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 12,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by zabeard View Post
I am going to say you cant, only reason i say that is because i believe that the casing is even different on those models. The slip yoke is a 1350, not a 1354, so that leaves even other issues.(they never made a 1354 with a slip yoke to my knowledge)

Now even on a 1354 the earlier models have the yoke output and the newer models have the CV output. Even those the dealer tells me they cannot be swapped because the shaft is so much different. I tried this earlier, but After some disassembly of both my newer electric case (2003) and my older manual case (1993) I believe the shafts can be swapped around if you wanted a Yoke style(ujoint) output.

The rear flanges can be swapped around, because on the colder model cases, they used a 2.5" fixed output flange and the newer rangers use a 3" fixed output flange.

IMO, anyone that is looking to swap to a manual should not even be thinking about a 1350 case, you better run a 1354 as its a little bit stronger.
if your talking about the front output origionally.. the CV for the standard 1310 yoke.. it can be done. I did it, i have the old output on my new t-case and the yoke that came off it laying in my toolbox at work.

The rears, going from slip yoke to fixed.. no idea, next time i blow up a t-case I'll inspect the inside a little closer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRanger View Post
stop being a ***** and cut a hole in your floor
stop bein a ***** and get a 4wd If the screw driver isn't going to be below the console there's a very good possibility I'll be cutting a hole in my floor.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 06-04-2009
zabeard's Avatar
who?
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: IN
Posts: 26,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ranger4x4 View Post
if your talking about the front output origionally.. the CV for the standard 1310 yoke.. it can be done. I did it, i have the old output on my new t-case and the yoke that came off it laying in my toolbox at work.

The rears, going from slip yoke to fixed.. no idea, next time i blow up a t-case I'll inspect the inside a little closer.
well i was talking about both. because the front was offered with a slip yoke too.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 06-04-2009
RangerExtreme's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Robinson, Pa
Posts: 2,047
Well i just picked up a 1350 for $50 with all the linkage and everything. Me and john just tore it down and put everything back together with the 1350 rear part of the case, the 1354 electric front and everything seem to match up so hopefully by next weekend if it works correctly i'll have a manual transfer case in mine. i'll keep everyone posted.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 06-05-2009
Fx4wannabe01's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (23)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Boring, Oregon
Posts: 21,721
Got mine from a wrecked '02 w/ 90ish K on it.....$60 out the door.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 06-05-2009
Blhde's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Northern IL
Posts: 2,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by zabeard View Post
so not sure where you got that info

The site is linked at the bottom of the quote. Not sure what the topic was.

Im hoping to twin stick this np205 and slide it on the back of my 4r70w. Although v8 swap first SAS next year i think.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 06-05-2009
99ranger4x4's Avatar
RF Veteran
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 12,198
gtfo of my thread already... talk in pms
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 06-05-2009
TexasRanger's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: austin, TX
Posts: 1,252
haha
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 06-05-2009
zabeard's Avatar
who?
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: IN
Posts: 26,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ranger4x4 View Post
gtfo of my thread already... talk in pms
PMs are over rated, we really just wanted to screw up your thread.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 06-05-2009
shadow905's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Boerne, TX
Posts: 1,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by zabeard View Post
PMs are over rated, we really just wanted to screw up your thread.

haha gtfo matt!
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 06-05-2009
xp1ik99's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Lexington Park, MD
Posts: 3,230
its raining here today
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
make your electronic transfer-case a manual transfer-case 09sport New Ideas 3 01-15-2011 04:28 PM
2004 Ranger Service Manual, Wiring Manual and Haynes Manual - NC 04blackedge Interior, Exterior, Electrical, & Misc. 1 05-07-2009 05:43 PM
electric t-case to manual t-case swap question(s)... Lefty04LevelII Drivetrain Tech 5 11-16-2007 02:12 PM
paint pricing? KARPE Exterior Semi-Tech 6 02-18-2006 05:12 PM
Employee pricing for 4wheelparts is back for the weekend!!!!! rolla_guy72 Wheels & Tires Semi-Tech 17 10-22-2005 04:38 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:40 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.