need help asap with my 1354m!!! - Page 2 - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Drivetrain Tech General discussion of drivetrain for the Ford Ranger.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #26  
Old 08-30-2010
Fx4wannabe01's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (23)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Boring, Oregon
Posts: 21,721
if the little short one is bent and lowest part of the side tha bolts to the trans is straight, it's 1354. I don't have my pics readily available right now.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 08-30-2010
RazorsEDGE's Avatar
There's no lifeguard in the gene pool
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 7,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02rangermayhem View Post
ill have to post pictures of my linkage
Please don't.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 08-31-2010
02rangermayhem's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: C.Springs
Posts: 573
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorsEDGE View Post
Please don't.
ok, ok..... i wont post pictures but it is a 1350 linkage. i guess at this point all i can do is hope someone learns from my mistake. and ask....... does anyone know where i can find a 1354?!?!?!
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 08-31-2010
Ranger_Envy's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Newton, Ks
Posts: 845
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 08-31-2010
Alex98's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Posts: 844
look long and hard thats what i had to do man but get a 94-03 case they are stronger than the earlier ones. as they have 6 planetary gears over the older 4 style meaning your 4lo will be more durable.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 08-31-2010
BlackRanger04's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Louisville,KY
Posts: 1,240
WOW, I guess this is one of the issues that you run into when you don't buy a part in person.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 08-31-2010
02rangermayhem's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: C.Springs
Posts: 573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex98 View Post
look long and hard thats what i had to do man but get a 94-03 case they are stronger than the earlier ones. as they have 6 planetary gears over the older 4 style meaning your 4lo will be more durable.
well, i jus may be getting a t-case from a 94 ranger.
i was on my way to the college book store today when i thought i would check my other local yard for a t-case. i went in and started talking to the guy at the counter. he found a yard 6 miles away that had a "1354M". we called the yard, and he confirmed he had the one on the computer. i raced over to get it before they closed, and when i got there, they showed me a 1354 with the electric shift. i was heart broken!!! lol... those six miles felt like 100.

after explaining my story, the guy at the yard called a buddy of his at another yard to see if he had one. ill know tomorrow if he has one in Ocala. so hopeful luck is only a few days away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRanger04 View Post
WOW, I guess this is one of the issues that you run into when you don't buy a part in person.
exactly. 4wd vehicles hold their value down here due to the fact there isnt much use for them here unless you have a heavy duty. so i source one through another member on here and wasnt able to see it for myself.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 08-31-2010
02rangermayhem's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: C.Springs
Posts: 573
and is there a way to customize a 1350 shifter linkage to work with the 1354? maybe heat and bend it to work?
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 08-31-2010
Fx4wannabe01's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (23)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Boring, Oregon
Posts: 21,721
Of course fab work can make anything fit, I was talking of a total bolt-on as that's usually what we go for and are readily available.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex98 View Post
look long and hard thats what i had to do man but get a 94-03 case they are stronger than the earlier ones. as they have 6 planetary gears over the older 4 style meaning your 4lo will be more durable.
My '91 Ranger 4cyl 4x4 1354 is a 6-gear planetary...


Dunno specifics but what I listed is what I've got as a parts case and it's 6 gear. Just sayin'.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 09-01-2010
Alex98's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Posts: 844
if you can fab man be my guest.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 09-03-2010
Turbo Roadster's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Lancaster, CA
Posts: 277
Looking at the first picture you posted the front flange looks identical to my transfer case I have a 2001 Edge with 4.0 and auto don't know if there is a difference in length of the drive shafts but the flange is correct. and mine has the two bolt caps at the front housing also.
Let me know and I can go and measure the length if needed.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 09-03-2010
Ranger_Envy's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Newton, Ks
Posts: 845
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Roadster View Post
Looking at the first picture you posted the front flange looks identical to my transfer case I have a 2001 Edge with 4.0 and auto don't know if there is a difference in length of the drive shafts but the flange is correct. and mine has the two bolt caps at the front housing also.
Let me know and I can go and measure the length if needed.
The first picture he posted was of a 02-03 FX4 Level II transfer case. Its a direct bolt in on the newer Rangers if you're lucky enough to have one. Unfortunately for him he doesn't have one as thats a picture is of my old setup.

Last edited by Ranger_Envy; 09-05-2010 at 08:27 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 09-05-2010
02rangermayhem's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: C.Springs
Posts: 573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger_Envy View Post
The first picture he posted was of a 02-03 FX4 Level II transfer case. Its a direct bolt in on the newer Rangers if you're lucky enough to have one. Unfortunately for him he doesn't have one as thats picture is of my old setup.

exactly..... and sorry for jacking your photo.

i have searched at least 10 yards within a 70 mile radius and no luck. i have used car-part.com for a few of them and each one has it listed as a manual, they tell me its a manual when i call to confirm, and when i get there its ****ing electric or they cant find it!!!!! tomorrow ima go to a yard thats a bit over a 100 miles away. i hope they have it and its the one i need.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 09-05-2010
Ranger_Envy's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Newton, Ks
Posts: 845
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02rangermayhem View Post
exactly..... and sorry for jacking your photo.

i have searched at least 10 yards within a 70 mile radius and no luck. i have used car-part.com for a few of them and each one has it listed as a manual, they tell me its a manual when i call to confirm, and when i get there its ****ing electric or they cant find it!!!!! tomorrow ima go to a yard thats a bit over a 100 miles away. i hope they have it and its the one i need.

Yeah I see a lot of them are listed as manual T-cases but you'll see the truck listed as an 01 or something along those lines. I know there were a few Level II T-cases in Colorado when I was searching. Are you looking for just a 1354m or a Lvl II case as the 1354m shouldn't be too tough to find.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 09-13-2010
02rangermayhem's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: C.Springs
Posts: 573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger_Envy View Post
Yeah I see a lot of them are listed as manual T-cases but you'll see the truck listed as an 01 or something along those lines. I know there were a few Level II T-cases in Colorado when I was searching. Are you looking for just a 1354m or a Lvl II case as the 1354m shouldn't be too tough to find.
either one..... level II cases are generally more expensive so i have been leaning toward a 1354m.

and down here(S.Florida) not many 4x4 can be found in the yards. as far as rangers/explorers the ones that are 4x4 are 99.99% sure to be electric tcase. ive seen only one bronco II with a manual tcase and it was gone.



as an update: the yard i was going to didnt have it anymore. i called to confirm and he showed it in the computer but not on the rack. my search continues!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 09-17-2010
02rangermayhem's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: C.Springs
Posts: 573
i finally sourced a 1354m in Vero Beach(2hrs north). its still in the vehicle so i can grab all the parts i need. tomorrow morning im driving to get it. ill have pictures up tomorrow and i may be doing the swap later tomorrow so i may post pictures of the install as well.

and its a 94 tcase.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Checking Interest: 1354M tcase and front shaft-Pa chevyslayer925 Engine & Drivetrain 34 04-15-2010 03:49 PM
1354M interchangablity, also is it a good deal? 01RangerEdge Drivetrain Tech 23 03-31-2010 04:19 PM
For Sale: 1354m Alex98 Engine & Drivetrain 18 03-10-2010 05:39 PM
1354M rear driveshaft seed60 Drivetrain Tech 8 03-04-2010 04:23 PM
1354m Questions... Alex98 Drivetrain Tech 0 02-01-2010 09:06 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:47 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.