spider gears where to find em ? - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Drivetrain Tech General discussion of drivetrain for the Ford Ranger.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 03-22-2013
1ranger00's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: hopewell, ohio
Posts: 25
spider gears where to find em ?

i need new spider gears for my 2001 ranger its got an 8.8 4.10 ls rear end and i cant find any where that sells spider gears for my truck. thanks for any help !
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-22-2013
FULLSCALE's Avatar
Level III Supporter

iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Clinton, Ontario
Posts: 8,181
Dealership or a drivetrain/axle specific shop would be your best options.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-23-2013
Scrambler82's Avatar
Old Guy Userů ltr
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 6,773
Consider one of the slide in locker setups that replace the spider gears.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-23-2013
06RangerXLT's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Halton Hills, Ont
Posts: 1,685
28 or 31 spline?

i have 31's on hand for an open diff, and will have a 28 spline LS set shortly.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-23-2013
brinker88's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Williamsport, Pa
Posts: 175
4wheelparts.com sells them. I also have a set of 31 spline spiders if you want them.

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Drivetrai...%2f220-2013-28
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-24-2013
Scrambler82's Avatar
Old Guy Userů ltr
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 6,773
I just looked up the price on the Spider Replacement Lockers and I was surprises to see the prices.

New spiders gear cost, from the link above around $125, the Slide in Lockers cost around the $400 mark.

If you have the money and want a locker now would be the time to consider the spider gear replacement type of locker.
$400 is more than I thought but you will end up with a locker and better traction.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-24-2013
brinker88's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Williamsport, Pa
Posts: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrambler82 View Post
I just looked up the price on the Spider Replacement Lockers and I was surprises to see the prices.

New spiders gear cost, from the link above around $125, the Slide in Lockers cost around the $400 mark.

If you have the money and want a locker now would be the time to consider the spider gear replacement type of locker.
$400 is more than I thought but you will end up with a locker and better traction.
IF he does have a 31 spline axle, an Aussie locker runs you right around $265 shipped. That's what I'm running in mine. On second thought, they're even cheaper over on Pirate4x4. The Spartan locker runs right around $250 shipped.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-24-2013
Scrambler82's Avatar
Old Guy Userů ltr
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 6,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by brinker88 View Post
IF he does have a 31 spline axle, an Aussie locker runs you right around $265 shipped. That's what I'm running in mine. On second thought, they're even cheaper over on Pirate4x4. The Spartan locker runs right around $250 shipped.
That is where I thought they were but when i didi one search on the locker I got the $400 cost,
I was surprised.

Then if $275 is the price and if a locker is wanted now is the time.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-25-2013
brinker88's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Williamsport, Pa
Posts: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrambler82 View Post
That is where I thought they were but when i didi one search on the locker I got the $400 cost,
I was surprised.

Then if $275 is the price and if a locker is wanted now is the time.
The 28 spline 8.8 is where it gets expensive. They're around $375
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-26-2013
1ranger00's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: hopewell, ohio
Posts: 25
iv got the 28 spline and thanks yall for the help
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
spider gears,i have a noise scott1469 Drivetrain Tech 0 10-12-2014 03:44 PM
Changing spider gears on a 2007 8.8 digger658 Drivetrain Tech 8 07-07-2012 12:10 PM
NEED HELP! broken spider gears on 96 bigheavy351 Drivetrain Tech 0 04-24-2011 03:18 PM
blown spider gears dan24 General Ford Ranger Discussion 4 02-01-2011 11:05 AM
Want to Buy: 28 Spline Side/spider gears (MA) 99offroadrngr Engine & Drivetrain 1 09-20-2010 08:22 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:07 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.