Want to Buy: Ford 8.8 - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Engine & Drivetrain Ford Ranger engine and drivetrain parts, i.e. radiators, driveshafts, knuckles, brakes.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 01-22-2016
Bazman2008Ranger's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Chino Hills, California
Posts: 412
Ford 8.8

Been trying to find an 8.8 with 4.88 gears or the like. Haven't found much on Craigslist besides some junk heaps. Let me know if anyone has one to sell or trade. Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-22-2016
Dewey's Avatar
@THE_ALMIGHTY_E4_RANGER
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Arcadia, Fl
Posts: 2,054
It's unlikely you will find one pregeared. Best bet is to get the axle at a junk yard and pay a shop to put new bearings and a ring and pinion in it with a l/s if you don't find one that had it already.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-22-2016
Bazman2008Ranger's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Chino Hills, California
Posts: 412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey View Post
It's unlikely you will find one pregeared. Best bet is to get the axle at a junk yard and pay a shop to put new bearings and a ring and pinion in it with a l/s if you don't find one that had it already.
Yeah I think your right. Gonna be spending a lot of lunch breaks at the junkyard down the street lol
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-24-2016
BDod's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Uniontown, OH
Posts: 275
You looking for a FX4 II rear or an explorer one?

Best gears they come with stock are 4.10s.

The explorer rear is easier to replace axles for than a Ranger 8.8 (due to availability of explorer axles) and also come with the bonus of having disc brakes.

Certain years of the Ranger 8.8 FX4 II rear do come with a Torsen factory lsd though. Could be wrong on that though. I know my 2003 FX4 II rear has the Torsen.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-24-2016
Bazman2008Ranger's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Chino Hills, California
Posts: 412
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDod View Post
You looking for a FX4 II rear or an explorer one?

Best gears they come with stock are 4.10s.

The explorer rear is easier to replace axles for than a Ranger 8.8 (due to availability of explorer axles) and also come with the bonus of having disc brakes.

Certain years of the Ranger 8.8 FX4 II rear do come with a Torsen factory lsd though. Could be wrong on that though. I know my 2003 FX4 II rear has the Torsen.
Looking for either but 4.10 gears would be great if I could find one. Do you know the door jam code for explorer axle with 4.10 gears
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-24-2016
94Ranger355's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Athens, TN
Posts: 616
Icon14 >>>>>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazman2008Ranger View Post
Do you know the door jam code for explorer axle with 4.10 gears
======================
Gear Codes
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-23-2016
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Silverton
Posts: 7
I have a 1999 ranger 8.8 with 190k and 4:10s I'd sell ya
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Die-Hard Ford-ie, Ford-ite, Ford-iast ... cuddlepuppy59 Member Introductions 15 11-15-2013 02:42 PM
Ford Ranger - 1, Ford Flex - 0 NXD 5150 Snapshots 29 12-03-2008 04:58 PM
The Ford Game (u drive ford cars in a simulator) - FREE FMD General Ford Ranger Discussion 4 12-07-2006 11:59 AM
Bill Ford steps down as CEO of Ford Roach2004 General Ford Ranger Discussion 12 09-05-2006 11:40 PM
Ford or no Ford?? FX2.3 General Ford Ranger Discussion 13 09-04-2005 10:09 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:13 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.