Want to Buy: fx4 shifter+boot - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Engine & Drivetrain Ford Ranger engine and drivetrain parts, i.e. radiators, driveshafts, knuckles, brakes.

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 06-17-2010
Sonic04Edge's Avatar
RF Veteran

Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Madison. AL
Posts: 5,715
Icon2 fx4 shifter+boot

looking for a fx4 shifter and boot

  #2  
Old 06-18-2010
steev's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 138
I have a boot...PM me if you're interested!
  #3  
Old 06-18-2010
Downey's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Muncy, PA
Posts: 8,470
why not just buy a hurst shifter. not trying to fill your thread with bs just wondering
  #4  
Old 06-19-2010
Sonic04Edge's Avatar
RF Veteran

Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Madison. AL
Posts: 5,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by steev View Post
I have a boot...PM me if you're interested!
I'll let you know. I'd like to just find them together if I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downey View Post
why not just buy a hurst shifter. not trying to fill your thread with bs just wondering
I like the stock shift length. I just want it to look nicer and readjust the location of the shifter to a more comfortable position. Hurst is the last option if I cant find an fx4.
  #5  
Old 06-19-2010
Scrambler82's Avatar
Old Guy User… ltr
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 6,773
I for one like the Hurst and will be using the FX4 Boots and Bezel on the Hurst Twin Stick Swap and the Hurst with the FX4 Boots looks good.

You don’t have one now and you want to install the FX4 Stick and Boot in your rig ?
What Bezel will you be using ?
I for one think the FX4 Boot will not fit the Std dual cup holder bezel.
The pic in the OP is either a new setup or different boot from the FX4.
FX4 Boots have rings in the bottom of them to clip in the Bezel, they are not flexible enough to shape differently and fit the dual cup holder bezel unless the Bezel is mod’d.

Just me thinking out loud, sorry not trying to confuse.

Get pics let us see what you have and finished pics when done !

ltr
  #6  
Old 06-19-2010
Ranger_Envy's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Newton, Ks
Posts: 845
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrambler82 View Post
I for one like the Hurst and will be using the FX4 Boots and Bezel on the Hurst Twin Stick Swap and the Hurst with the FX4 Boots looks good.

You don’t have one now and you want to install the FX4 Stick and Boot in your rig ?
What Bezel will you be using ?
I for one think the FX4 Boot will not fit the Std dual cup holder bezel.
The pic in the OP is either a new setup or different boot from the FX4.
FX4 Boots have rings in the bottom of them to clip in the Bezel, they are not flexible enough to shape differently and fit the dual cup holder bezel unless the Bezel is mod’d.

Just me thinking out loud, sorry not trying to confuse.

Get pics let us see what you have and finished pics when done !

ltr
Grev, I believe they had a different boots for the non twin stick FX4 manual trucks. Here is an 04 Level II with the setup he's wanting.

I've gotten a few parts off of this truck, and the leather seats and shifter are now gone. The Lvl II tow hooks are on my truck.

I know Shane had mentioned he had several spare FX4 shifters. I don't know if he still does though. I wish I knew someone that had some spares laying around.

Last edited by Ranger_Envy; 06-20-2010 at 12:01 PM.
  #7  
Old 06-20-2010
SVT01RANGER's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: West Eugene, OR
Posts: 3,634
hey mike, what i used for my LVL II shifter, i found a leather boot at the local autozone, it was pretty inexpensive, as for the shifter, sorry bud can't help you there, the one i have is pretty happy in its home
  #8  
Old 06-20-2010
Scrambler82's Avatar
Old Guy User… ltr
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 6,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger_Envy View Post
Grev, I believe they had a different boots for the non twin stick FX4 manual trucks.
OK, didn’t know that 1
Good go then I can see what you want and it should look good.

ltr
Closed Thread

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale: Fx4 twin stick shifter,boot, bezel and knob. Vancouver bc BLK02 Interior, Exterior, Electrical, & Misc. 22 02-01-2012 09:17 AM
For Sale: FX4 chrome transmission shifter and round leather boot - MI steev Interior, Exterior, Electrical, & Misc. 7 02-05-2011 07:01 PM
Want to Buy: FX4 Shifter boot Lord Of War Interior, Exterior, Electrical, & Misc. 6 01-01-2011 05:43 PM
For Sale: FX4 tranny shifter, ball, and shift boot - IA ilikesnackpacks Interior, Exterior, Electrical, & Misc. 4 09-29-2010 08:56 AM
Want to Buy: FX4 Level II Shifter Knob and Leather Boot Masteratarms93 Interior, Exterior, Electrical, & Misc. 7 09-06-2010 05:59 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:49 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.