For Sale: Magnaflow 2-1/2 to dual 2" ID muffler (NC) - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Engine & Drivetrain Ford Ranger engine and drivetrain parts, i.e. radiators, driveshafts, knuckles, brakes.

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 04-03-2010
Silver's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: edenton,nc
Posts: 2,708
Magnaflow 2-1/2 to dual 2" ID muffler (NC)

up for sale

brand new magnaflow muffler in original box

Name:  joeysebaycrap001.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  96.1 KB


inside view lol


One day ill rework my exhaust but I never seam to ...So now it's time to make room in the old shed lol... The unit is a hell of great quality unit.
It weigh's 16lbs S/S 2-1/2 in X 2 inch out ......
Looking for 80 bucks shipped to any where in the continental USA ,if out side of that freight is up to you.
  #2  
Old 04-03-2010
xXcecinestpasXx86's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Frisco, CO
Posts: 80
will this fit an oem exhaust
  #3  
Old 04-04-2010
Fx4wannabe01's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (23)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Boring, Oregon
Posts: 21,721
GREAT DEAL on this!!! Someone jump on it.
  #4  
Old 04-04-2010
--weezl--'s Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Calgary AB, Canada
Posts: 3,139
that is obviously not a glasspack, but the inside of it looks exactly the same as one, except for the chamber at the end, and the dual outs... so my question is, what makes that different than a glasspack which runs around 40$ from any store?
  #5  
Old 04-04-2010
evilclown312's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Logan ohio
Posts: 2,772
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXcecinestpasXx86 View Post
will this fit an oem exhaust
Not directly. You will have to make a adapter the stock piping is 2.25 this is a 2.5 inlet.


This is and awesome deal. IF i didn't have one already id ****** it up. Some one grab this thing!
  #6  
Old 04-04-2010
Silver's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: edenton,nc
Posts: 2,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXcecinestpasXx86 View Post
will this fit an oem exhaust
you will need the piping 4 the duel exhaust to the back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fx4wannabe01 View Post
GREAT DEAL on this!!! Someone jump on it.
for what i spent a even deal now there even more expensive so yes some one snap it up

Quote:
Originally Posted by --weezl-- View Post
that is obviously not a glasspack, but the inside of it looks exactly the same as one, except for the chamber at the end, and the dual outs... so my question is, what makes that different than a glasspack which runs around 40$ from any store?
no glass pack crap here this units quality is well beyond a 40 dollar piece



Quote:
Originally Posted by evilclown312 View Post
Not directly. You will have to make a adapter the stock piping is 2.25 this is a 2.5 inlet.


This is and awesome deal. IF i didn't have one already id ****** it up. Some one grab this thing!
im not sure on a 4 banger but the but 3.0 and 4's are 2-1/2 in and yet again a fare deal on my end and a good deal 4 any one looking for a s/s unit
  #7  
Old 04-04-2010
Fx4wannabe01's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (23)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Boring, Oregon
Posts: 21,721
stock piping in front and behind the muffler is either 2.25" or 2". My 01 4.0 had 2" piping. While others h ave 2.25". A $2 adaptor to fit the muffler to your stock pipe and a $2 hanger and a couple $2 exhaust clamps....you've got yourself a dumped magnaflow exhaust. Oh....about a buck for a 3/8" bolt with washers and nut to bolt tthat new hanger to your truck.
  #8  
Old 04-04-2010
--weezl--'s Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Calgary AB, Canada
Posts: 3,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver View Post
no glass pack crap here this units quality is well beyond a 40 dollar piece
i realize that, what i'm saying is that they appear the same, what is the difference? the biggest difference is the sheer sound quality... i love the sound of magnaflow, they are sick, where as glass pack sounds like straight pipes, but without all the raspiness

glaspack internal
  #9  
Old 04-04-2010
evilclown312's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Logan ohio
Posts: 2,772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver View Post
im not sure on a 4 banger but the but 3.0 and 4's are 2-1/2 in and yet again a fare deal on my end and a good deal 4 any one looking for a s/s unit
Mine was 2 1/4 on my 4.0
  #10  
Old 04-04-2010
Fx4wannabe01's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (23)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Boring, Oregon
Posts: 21,721
Magnaflow Mufflers-TheInsideStory



glasspack...



The only similarity is that they're both straight through mufflers. But that's where the similarities end.




Thread bump! SOMEONE PICK THIS UP!!!
  #11  
Old 04-04-2010
--weezl--'s Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Calgary AB, Canada
Posts: 3,139
so it's basicly the amount of, (size/volume of) and type, of sound deadening material, surounding the perforated tube?

if you were in canada, i would pick this up from you for sure! magnaflow sound sweet!
  #12  
Old 04-04-2010
Fx4wannabe01's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (23)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Boring, Oregon
Posts: 21,721
type of case material as well.....stainless as opposed to plain old aluminized(aka will rust over time). But yes, what you outlined is right.


Joey....sorry to sorta clutter up your thread. Shoot me a PM if you want it cleaned up. SOMEONE JUMP ON THIS!!!
  #13  
Old 04-04-2010
--weezl--'s Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Calgary AB, Canada
Posts: 3,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fx4wannabe01 View Post
type of case material as well.....stainless as opposed to plain old aluminized(aka will rust over time). But yes, what you outlined is right.


Joey....sorry to sorta clutter up your thread. Shoot me a PM if you want it cleaned up. SOMEONE JUMP ON THIS!!!
yeah, that's my bad... but on the otherhand, it's a very accessable resource for if someone is debating the 2 items...

thanks for the info shane
  #14  
Old 04-04-2010
Bird76Mojo's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Central, IL.
Posts: 1,264
If that was a single outlet I would have you paid already. No need for the dual outlet for me. Just extra pipe to bend up..

Good luck with your sale!


GB :)
  #15  
Old 04-04-2010
Silver's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: edenton,nc
Posts: 2,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fx4wannabe01 View Post
stock piping in front and behind the muffler is either 2.25" or 2". My 01 4.0 had 2" piping. While others h ave 2.25". A $2 adaptor to fit the muffler to your stock pipe and a $2 hanger and a couple $2 exhaust clamps....you've got yourself a dumped magnaflow exhaust. Oh....about a buck for a 3/8" bolt with washers and nut to bolt tthat new hanger to your truck.
i could of sworn mine was 2-1/2 .. its been a wile seance the flowmaster install lol




Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird76Mojo View Post
If that was a single outlet I would have you paid already. No need for the dual outlet for me. Just extra pipe to bend up..

Good luck with your sale!


GB :)
thats one of the reasons im selling it to me its .just a cleaner look and it will be a magnaflo



Quote:
Originally Posted by Fx4wannabe01 View Post


Joey....sorry to sorta clutter up your thread. Shoot me a PM if you want it cleaned up. SOMEONE JUMP ON THIS!!!
it's all good just buy it lol
  #16  
Old 04-04-2010
Silver's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: edenton,nc
Posts: 2,708
ttt
  #17  
Old 04-05-2010
Silver's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: edenton,nc
Posts: 2,708
all talk and no action lol

ttt it goes
  #18  
Old 04-06-2010
Silver's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: edenton,nc
Posts: 2,708
one more time than ill pop it up on e-bay
  #19  
Old 04-06-2010
03ranger's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Irwin, Pa
Posts: 519
if you can wait till next monday would you take 70 shipped???
Closed Thread

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OEM Magnaflow vs Under body dump Magnaflow 4XFord 4.0L OHV & SOHC V6 Tech 9 07-12-2011 11:18 AM
For Sale: FS: MagnaFlow Stainless 3" Muffler - CA 4.0L2WD Interior, Exterior, Electrical, & Misc. 12 01-18-2011 06:12 AM
FS: 18" Magnaflow muffler, single in/dual out. (Missouri) StrangerRanger00 Engine & Drivetrain 8 04-01-2009 01:13 AM
Installed Magnaflow - Dual Extreme wydopnthrtl 4.0L OHV & SOHC V6 Tech 37 06-15-2008 05:58 AM
Magnaflow Dual Exhaust,, Pics and Vid,, FX2.3 DOHC - 2.3L Duratec / Mazda L Engines 7 12-28-2005 07:22 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:19 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.