Want to Buy: O-Rings for my Manual Hubs. - OH - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Engine & Drivetrain Ford Ranger engine and drivetrain parts, i.e. radiators, driveshafts, knuckles, brakes.

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 08-23-2009
cchsbuzz19's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: North Canton, Ohio
Posts: 2,417
O-Rings for my Manual Hubs. - OH

I've looked every where bearing supply shop, Plumber store, Home depot, lowes, Harbor Freight. I can't find the right size anywhere. Here's a couple pics of the one I have:
Name:  DSCN1314.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  123.5 KB
Name:  DSCN1316.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  175.5 KB
I would like to have 2 so I'll have a back up. If you no a place around you that sells this size, I'll make you a little profit for going out and getting them. Let me know.

Thanks,
Clay
  #2  
Old 08-23-2009
icthusrulz's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 296
Have you checked McMaster-Carr?
  #3  
Old 08-23-2009
cchsbuzz19's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: North Canton, Ohio
Posts: 2,417
I don't know the exact size, Does anybody know the exact size? cause I could try this place but I don't want to get 2 of each size thats close to the one I need.
  #4  
Old 08-23-2009
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
the one's on the wheel bearings? believe you can order from the dealer
  #5  
Old 08-23-2009
cchsbuzz19's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: North Canton, Ohio
Posts: 2,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneckstone View Post
the one's on the wheel bearings? believe you can order from the dealer
no there the ones that come with the Manual Hubs.
  #6  
Old 08-23-2009
icthusrulz's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchsbuzz19 View Post
I don't know the exact size, Does anybody know the exact size? cause I could try this place but I don't want to get 2 of each size thats close to the one I need.

If nobody knows the size, pick up a digital caliper and measure them. You can get them at Harbor Freight for under $20, plus it's a great tool to have. I use mine all the time. You can measure just about anything with them to ~0.0005" accuracy.
  #7  
Old 08-23-2009
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Okeechobee,FL / Singapore
Posts: 563
Have the same problem with my manual hubs on my Jeep, I just ordered some o-rings that were about an inch larger and I slice them with a straight razor and get them as close to the origional fit as possible, then using "lock-tite" superglue ( its in the yellow bottle - water/oil/gas proof) glue the ends that were cut together. It will hold the water and crap back just fine. Been doing this for about 8 years and never had any problems.
I harass the guys at Warn all the time because they don't sell a seal kit for their own hubs...

I will get the thickness of the ones I use for mine ( they are the same manual hubs for a ranger) and post it...
  #8  
Old 08-23-2009
dkchrist's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ellsworth/Manhattan, KS
Posts: 52
You can get them from the dealer they are like $1. If you look up the install manual for the superlift kit, it gives you the part numbers for them. One number is obsolete but they can get the new number and still get the part.
  #9  
Old 08-23-2009
cchsbuzz19's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: North Canton, Ohio
Posts: 2,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2KTJ View Post
Have the same problem with my manual hubs on my Jeep, I just ordered some o-rings that were about an inch larger and I slice them with a straight razor and get them as close to the origional fit as possible, then using "lock-tite" superglue ( its in the yellow bottle - water/oil/gas proof) glue the ends that were cut together. It will hold the water and crap back just fine. Been doing this for about 8 years and never had any problems.
I harass the guys at Warn all the time because they don't sell a seal kit for their own hubs...

I will get the thickness of the ones I use for mine ( they are the same manual hubs for a ranger) and post it...
Ya I called Baseline 4x4 outfitters, thats where I got the Hubs, to get the O-rings thinking they would for sure sell them and the girl i talked to said they didn't sell them seperately, dumb on there part if you ask me.

I'll probably end up doing something like this If I can't get the right size.
  #10  
Old 08-23-2009
cchsbuzz19's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: North Canton, Ohio
Posts: 2,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by icthusrulz View Post
If nobody knows the size, pick up a digital caliper and measure them. You can get them at Harbor Freight for under $20, plus it's a great tool to have. I use mine all the time. You can measure just about anything with them to ~0.0005" accuracy.
I might just have to try this thanks!
  #11  
Old 08-23-2009
cchsbuzz19's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: North Canton, Ohio
Posts: 2,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkchrist View Post
You can get them from the dealer they are like $1. If you look up the install manual for the superlift kit, it gives you the part numbers for them. One number is obsolete but they can get the new number and still get the part.
doing it as we speak. thanks for the tip.
  #12  
Old 08-23-2009
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
i knew the dealer had those lol
  #13  
Old 08-23-2009
cchsbuzz19's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: North Canton, Ohio
Posts: 2,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneckstone View Post
i knew the dealer had those lol
Then I will definitely making a stop over at the Ford dealership tomorrow. thats the only place i haven't looked. Thanks!
Closed Thread

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
permanently locking vaccum hubs same as leaving manual locking hubs locked? soulrobber Drivetrain Tech 2 04-27-2011 11:15 AM
converting from auto hubs to manual hubs ranger dog Drivetrain Tech 2 12-12-2010 07:09 AM
2004 Ranger Service Manual, Wiring Manual and Haynes Manual - NC 04blackedge Interior, Exterior, Electrical, & Misc. 1 05-07-2009 05:43 PM
Automatic Hubs to Manual Hubs?? jaycheetwood General Ford Ranger Discussion 21 09-22-2008 11:23 PM
hubs dubsy a hubs a dubs, oh yea HUBS! blackbetty Drivetrain Tech 30 01-08-2007 08:30 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:46 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.