Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource

Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource (https://www.ranger-forums.com/)
-   Exterior Semi-Tech (https://www.ranger-forums.com/exterior-semi-tech-39/)
-   -   Fiberglass Fenders?? (https://www.ranger-forums.com/exterior-semi-tech-39/fiberglass-fenders-133325/)

Redrider11 04-25-2012 09:00 PM

Fiberglass Fenders??
 
I'm trying to plan out a project for my truck, I want to do a long travel suspension and I know i will need flared front fenders so i've been looking around and I have no clue what to go with. Like what size flares and who to buy from.

06FordFX4 04-25-2012 10:36 PM

you're 4x4, correct?
if so there is not LT for it yet, Dixon bros went under, apparantly there us another company working on one, but no word yet.

for fiberglass i highly recommend McQueen fenders. absolutely the best looking glass ive ever seen for a ranger.

http://www.mpdfiberbodywerx.com/ranger-conversion-kit

Redrider11 04-26-2012 08:49 PM

I'm not sure if I like the McQueen fenders. I've been looking at McNeil and Fiberwerx fenders but I cant decide. Also What size should i get? I'm thinking the 3". I'm planing on doing the LT kit around chirstmas time (hopefully). I wanted to get the fenders soon but how will it look without the widened suspension? I dont want it to look ridiculous.

06RangerXLT 04-26-2012 09:02 PM

alright.

if your doing a true Long Travel, your gonna want 6" mcneils. I bought mcneil, think their the best out there. best price, best quality, best look. Happy to have their name on my truck. anyways, 3" will be much too small. now, if your doing something similar to the camburg 5.5, 3" will work.

the very best way to tell is this. if the kit uses your stock lower control arm, get 3". if its a replacement control arm your gonna want a 6". i was chatting with the mcqueen guy, seems a little shady, new member and all umping into distribution... idk.



they are correct about dixon bros going under (SUCKS!!) but BFT is coming out with something, so there is a following. try and find a dixon bros 4x4 kit used, they are worth the money.

06FordFX4 04-26-2012 09:05 PM

ive heard of a few guys that got the mcqueen stuff, they say its the highest quality glass they've seen.

i dont like their front valance, or hood, but those bedsides and front fenders are just orgasmic.

06RangerXLT 04-26-2012 09:08 PM

i dont like how the body line stops, and the wheel openings are too small. plus shipping would be hundreds and nobody is a distributer of them. no thanks.

Redrider11 04-26-2012 09:23 PM

I've talked to the guys from BTF and im going to get their kit when it comes out in a few months, and it does come with new control arms. My questions are, do you have to get flared fenders if i get a LT kit and How will the flared fenders look with a stock truck (well i'm sitting on 33's right now).

06RangerXLT 04-26-2012 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redrider11 (Post 1980740)
I've talked to the guys from BTF and im going to get their kit when it comes out in a few months, and it does come with new control arms. My questions are, do you have to get flared fenders if i get a LT kit and How will the flared fenders look with a stock truck (well i'm sitting on 33's right now).

they will look fine. its ok to wait till you have the kit

06FordFX4 04-26-2012 10:18 PM

i think it will look goofy with the stock wheels tucked way inside the flared glass....
wont it?

BCSupertrucks 04-26-2012 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 06FordFX4 (Post 1980729)
ive heard of a few guys that got the mcqueen stuff, they say its the highest quality glass they've seen.

i dont like their front valance, or hood, but those bedsides and front fenders are just orgasmic.

for someone who doesnt have fiberglass nor have seen mcqueens glass in person you sure seem to quite opinonated about there product as well as others ive seen you post up about. both good and bad reviews. I dont think I can take you that serious rite now. lol :spam:

BCSupertrucks 04-26-2012 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 06RangerXLT (Post 1980727)
alright.

if your doing a true Long Travel, your gonna want 6" mcneils. I bought mcneil, think their the best out there. best price, best quality, best look. Happy to have their name on my truck. anyways, 3" will be much too small. now, if your doing something similar to the camburg 5.5, 3" will work.

the very best way to tell is this. if the kit uses your stock lower control arm, get 3". if its a replacement control arm your gonna want a 6". i was chatting with the mcqueen guy, seems a little shady, new member and all umping into distribution... idk.



they are correct about dixon bros going under (SUCKS!!) but BFT is coming out with something, so there is a following. try and find a dixon bros 4x4 kit used, they are worth the money.

Nate you know your stuff. Took the words rite from my fingers. Truely knowledgeable dood rite here!:party::party::party:

Redrider11 04-26-2012 11:31 PM

Do the Mcneil's have the fins on the fenders? I really like the look of those, also about how much does it usually cost to paint fenders?

BLK02 04-26-2012 11:50 PM

First off, the 6" fenders on stock suspension looks hilarious, I drove around for a few days like that :s About the fins, the pic on mcneils website does not have them but mine did? Probably something you can ask for.

And I think the mqueen bedsides look great but the wheel arches on the fronts look terrible (toyota like)

06FordFX4 04-27-2012 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCSupertrucks (Post 1980781)
for someone who doesnt have fiberglass nor have seen mcqueens glass in person you sure seem to quite opinonated about there product as well as others ive seen you post up about. both good and bad reviews. I dont think I can take you that serious rite now. lol :spam:

I've seen pictures of both installed.
I've spoken to people with both.
Mcqueens are as good as it gets fit and finish out of the box fom what they've said and what I've seen.

You sell McNeil, and not McQueen, don't know if I can take you serious right now. Of course your going to promote what you sell and say its better.

BCSupertrucks 04-27-2012 04:56 PM

sorry pal, you must be reading someone else's post. I have not promoted anything, simply just putting forth an observation followed by a well timed joke. I will however agree that mcqueen looks nice and I am interested in his hood for sure.
PS Not looking to start a debate. Thread officially un-jacked

fibermike 04-28-2012 03:36 PM

Mr Nate Clark. Youre calling me shady. You dont even know who I am. My name in the off road industry is way above any body in the San Diego area (except auto-fab) The rest have thier
products made in Mexico with a choppergun. Our stuff is hand layed up by people with 25 years+
experiance. I have products of mine in museums around the world. Style is a matter of taste, I wont
dis pute that. As far as quality (you live in Canada) Youve never seen what goes on down here. Ive forgotten more about fiberglass than your boys even know. Youve entered into a battle of wits unarmed
Youve insulted me, because youre pushing product of somebody elses. Shady?

BCSupertrucks 04-28-2012 05:29 PM

I'm Sure its a miss understanding. We dont need to bicker on the introweb. I am Publicly appologizing for nate clarke as I know his comment about you just came across wrong. He is a stand up guy just as I am assuming you are as well Fibermike. I am only presenting this as my name was thrown in the mix. Lets keep this thread clean and back on the subject of Fiberglass fenders.

06RangerXLT 04-28-2012 06:30 PM

I do have to correct you on mcneil. they are hand laid fenders made in cali. but anyways...

i only find you as a 10 post member shady. once you have a reputation outside of your area and on here, i'd then consider your products. i apologize if you take this as me attacking your product and you as a person in the industry, thats not my intentions. your fenders have a very neat look, and from the pics they look great. im sure what you say is true, i only find buying from a company ive never heard of outside here shady. of everyone ive ever spoken to, running through dezert rangers, TRS, ranger powersports, ranger-forum and google searching product, your name never came up. That, is why i say shady. if i hear positive feedback from people, my feelings would obviously change. ill end our discussion on your products and you here, im sorry if i offended you mike. I do look forward to seeing your products on someone else's truck and some positive feedback. hopefully you'll do as well as the big name guys everyone knows about, i get that all start without the following.


Quote:

Originally Posted by BCSupertrucks (Post 1981192)
I'm Sure its a miss understanding. We dont need to bicker on the introweb. I am Publicly appologizing for nate clarke as I know his comment about you just came across wrong. He is a stand up guy just as I am assuming you are as well Fibermike. I am only presenting this as my name was thrown in the mix. Lets keep this thread clean and back on the subject of Fiberglass fenders.

Thanks brandon, sorry about that, dont mean to bring ya into anything.



on the topic, ill have my fenders mounted shortly.

fibermike 04-28-2012 06:53 PM

The reason you havent heard of us is because the retail market is new to us, When the resesion hit we had time to persue it. I bought a ranger because im a builder of ford raceing bodys and have been for half a century and the ranger is the most popular truck in my opinion. This is the first and only retail consumer website we have gone on. All of our stuff is on Race-Dezert Our client list has included
Dan Gurney, AJ foyt, Parnelli Jones, Al Unser, Mario A, And quite a few others. We currently build a portion of the trophy trucks and others. All is OK

Ranger Smith 04-28-2012 07:51 PM

fibermike,

I like the look of those fenders, but couldn't find any specs on your site. What's the rise/flare, and what size tires are you running in those pics.

06FordFX4 04-29-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ranger Smith (Post 1981227)
fibermike,

I like the look of those fenders, but couldn't find any specs on your site. What's the rise/flare, and what size tires are you running in those pics.

X2 would like to know as well

fibermike 04-29-2012 01:55 PM

The fenders are 31/2 up and 31/2 out, front and rear. Tires are 35/17s front is fabricated "J arms
upper, "a arms" lower with King shocks 300 top& 400 bottom. The rear at the moment is stock with
3: blocks. Front tread is 78" rear 77"11/2 : wheel spacers. Rear will be done soon.

brian90744 05-03-2012 12:38 PM

some help on mcqueens fenders
 
6 Attachment(s)
Mcqueens fenders =If you sight down the length of your truck, his fender extend out to the outside of your mirrors. I'll get more pic to show what I mean.




Quote:

Originally Posted by Ranger Smith (Post 1981227)
fibermike,

I like the look of those fenders, but couldn't find any specs on your site. What's the rise/flare, and what size tires are you running in those pics.


fibermike 05-29-2012 08:48 PM

Nate, I had a lengthy conversation with Brandon (BC) Super nice guy. If you want to know more about me, <mpdfiberbodywerx.com> the yahoo page also.

BCSupertrucks 05-30-2012 11:54 AM

True story, after talking with fibermike on the phone I can say he is a great guy and customer service means a great deal to him, He also sounds like he takes the utmost pride in his work and products being sent out. I will be selling Mcqueen fiberglass products in Canada because i to believe customer service and a good product goes a long way. I hope some of you also have the pleasure of talking to Fibermike hes a legit guy with the same passion we all have.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:00 PM.